Place your bets! LBS gained on 12 night cruise.....

Options
cheers_b
cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
Ladies and gentlemen, step right up, dont be shy - place your bets on the lbs (including decimal point if desired) on how many pounds i will gain will traveling the mediterranean for the next 2 weeks via cruise ship.

I am told that one can expect to gain 7lbs per week (wtf??), that would translate ot almost 14 lbs!!!I dont think so!! but will concede there will be some poundage added. But how much??

full disclosure: i do plan to still excercise/run on the ship (operative word is "plan to"), as well there will be lots of walking around France, Italy, Croatia, Spain......but then again there is the ship desert table and high fat drinks so............

place your guess: How many lbs?

then check back after Aug 2 to see the answer.

until then -- enjoy!:drinker:
cheers
b

Replies

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Zero. I've been on lots of cruises and didn't gain a pound. You end up doing a lot of walking (try not to take the elevators) and there are lots of healthy options for food. I definitely indulge in the desserts, and do a fair amount of lying around in the sun with a high-calorie drink in hand, but I also dance off a lot of those calories at night!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    8.2 pounds
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    If it is all inclusive then 10.2lbs is my best guess. I've gained (and then lost again) similar amounts on similar holidays. A lot of it ends up being water weight from being over-salted.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Cause who is gonna eat healthy all the time faced with that temptation.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My guess is 2-3. I will not accept the "true gain" until a week after you've been home and back to your normal routine though :P
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My mom actually lost weight when she went on her last cruise because she was very careful and diabetic.
  • lorim200
    lorim200 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5.3 lbs I agree should wait one week after you get back to get true weight. Have a great trip and enjoy.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It definitely won't be 14 lbs. It's pretty tough to totally gorge yourself for 14 days. I'd say....5.5lbs.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with six.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    You totally rock and will walk like crazy, but you are gonna eat some yummy food.

I'm in at 8 lbs.

But I'm also in to say you take it off again in two weeks. It won't hang around. :P
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    What cruise line? That will definitely influence my bet...
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    4.2 Cruises have lots of fabulous food but there is a ton of walking usually. Enjoy.
  • cheers_b
    Options
    What cruise line? That will definitely influence my bet...
    R.C. Do you think it will really make a difference? chocolate cake, full fat lattes and well done chip cookies are consumable anywhere/anytime!! :sad: :explode: :drinker:
  • lorim200
    Options
    bump
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    None.

I've been on cruises and I have stayed at all inclusive resorts for two weeks and have never gained a pound. But then again I also work out when I'm on vacation.
  • cheers_b
    Options
    ok - report in time.
    short version - gained only 2 lbs.
    did not scrimp - ate deserts at lunch and dinner -- plus late nite snacks! lattes and full meals.
    now - - i didnt go back for 3rds and i tried to eat at least half the time healthier (for the main meal part). i did a light workout every day but i think it was all the walking that really offset the intake. we left the ship at 8am ish every morning and back by about 5pm ish. and it was hot!!
    amazing trip - i would highly recomend it to anyone who likes to explore, enjoys history/old buildings/different cultures and foods.

cheers
    b
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the minimal gain!! I'm going on a 7 day Mediterranean cruise in the middle of October (for my honeymoon) and I can't wait!!!
  • lorim200
    Options
    That's excellent. I am really glad you had a good time and only 2 pounds that's super.:smile: