Iron and primrose oil

Options
mbanks123
mbanks123 Posts: 117 Member
What are people's opinions and thoughts on taking these to help with exercise and running and weight loss? Are they or any help? What else are they good for? Should they not be taken?

Thanks

Replies

• minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nope won't help with any of that.....there's no magic bullet/supplement/shake/wrap etc. Iron will help if you have anemia primrose oil if you have pmt
  • 1nprgr3s
    1nprgr3s Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an iron deficiency or impaired absorption taking an iron supplement probably isn't necessary.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    only thing iron supps do for me is gum up the works... I prefer to get it thru food which doesn't have the same effect.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    If you are not anaemic taking iron supplements can be dangerous.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If your not anaemic, do not take an iron supplement. It can be dangerous and at the very least it will leave you constipated.

I've seen evening primrose help with PMS and mild skin conditions (I had red bumps on the backs of my arms and evening primrose cleared them up.)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you are not anaemic taking iron supplements can be dangerous.

This^

An iron supplement was prescribed to me by my doctor. The lowest dosage I found over the counter was something like 360% of the RDA!

Multivitamins that (still) contain iron ALWAYS have a child proof cap.
  • mbanks123
    mbanks123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Anemia runs in the family and I look slightly anemic but I won't be taking any supplements until the doctor says so! Evening primose sounds safe though :)
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Evening primrose gives me greasy skin. It may work better for those with dry skin. Didnt do a thing for my pms.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I've never needed primrose oil, but my grandmother used it topically for eczema.

I have had to take iron supplements due to anemia. Not really fun, but I never had the constipation that others report. I suppose if you need it, that wouldn't be a problem. I always took it with a vitamin c supplement and a glass of OJ first thing in the morning and a couple of hours after dinner. I don't miss those days. At all.