starting over....breakfast ideas

Options
i guess i have not been honest with myself. 10lb.s lost are back. looking for breakfast ideas that hold you till lunch. i think i have been too high carb. thanks for any suggestions. 20 lbs. to go!

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese, milk, and a nutri-grain bar.
  • almostanangel21
    almostanangel21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Chop up some veggies you like after you do your weekly shopping and keep them in the fridge. Heat up a frying pan and saute them for a couple of minutes in the morning, then add 1/3-1/2 c. egg substitute. Add a piece of whole grain toast with jam on the side, or some fruit. Peanut butter instead of jam if you need more calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    High carbs did not put on 10 pounds of weight gain, eating too many calories did.

But if you want filling breakfasts, think in terms of plenty of protein and healthy fats. Perhaps egg white or whole egg omelettes, Canadian bacon. yogurt, cottage cheese, avocados, peanut butter toast, cheese toast, etc..
  • Maugfr
    Maugfr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning EttaMaeMartin,
    First of, congratulations ! Congratulations for acknowledging that you don't feel true to yourself, congratulations to be back here after losing 10 pounds and gaining them back, congratulations to try again, congratulations to choose yourself for the good again ! :-) Today is another day and one day at a time, one good choice at a time, one lesson at a time, you will be your true self ! :-)
    As for the breakfast ideas, I personally like oatmeal with fruits(strawberries, nectarine, blueberries,etc.), nuts, cinnamon powder, a bit of almond milk. I feel full at first and it lasts me for a long time. As for my boyfriend, he says he feels hungry after only the oatmeal, he preferes adding greek yogourt or replacing the oatmeal with more greek yogourt (keeping the rest mentioned in the above).
    Omelette is fabulous too. Eggs (protein that keeps you satiated, with not much calories - let's say 3) with various veggies (zucchini, oignons, tomatoes, grinded carrots, etc. What you have in the fridge, what you like! - Yesterday, I bowled potatoes beforehands, cut them and add them to the omelette. It tastes good, texture is good and gives a sense of stuffiness !
    If you take protein powder, you can start with a fruits/greens shake with almond milk. Or make it and bring it with you to work (for breakfast 2) if you feel you didn't eat much in the morning...
    These are my ideas for breakfast!
    I hope it helped, keep me posted !
    And again, welcome back !
    Be kind to yourself; you are amazing, you are good enough, you are worth it.
    Happy Wednesday !
    Mau
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast lately has been 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 1/2 cup sauteed zucchini and onions, 1 cup of guacamole (guacamole mini cups) and a sunny side up egg. This totally keeps me full until lunch and there are a ton of awesome veggies in it. The complex carbs help after my morning workouts.
  • charis77
    charis77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, I don't have time to fix breakfast at home before heading out to work. I will make breakfast on Sunday to last for several days. An example would be taking eggs and prepare as you would scrambled eggs. But rather then put them on the stove, divide them into a muffin tin. You can add diced veggies and ham if you like. Or leave plain and add 1/2 an avocado and 1/2 tomato.

Another suggestion is make ahead breakfast burrito. They freeze really well. I wrap in saran wrap and then foil to prevent freezer burn. You can google a variety of recipes that will be high protein, low fat.
  • sarahkw04
    sarahkw04 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I also make breakfast on Sundays to last me through Friday so I don't have to worry with cooking in the mornings on top of everything else. I make a breakfast "casserole" sometimes - eggs, veggies, maybe some turkey sausage. This week, I boiled a dozen eggs and I'm eating 2 boiled eggs and fruit I cut up Sunday night.
  • brewcrew101
    brewcrew101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a great way to go if you're looking for something delicious that will help keep you full. Hard boiled and scrambled eggs are great and I also love making omelets filled with all sorts of sauteed veggies (red peppers, mushrooms, spinach, etc.).
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are a good go to option for me!
    I also like to make some healthy protein powder recipes - muffins, bars, etc.
    Eggs/egg whites! So much can be done with them, it's hard to get bored.
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Egg white (or egg white product like Egg Beaters) scrambled eggs or omelettes. Incorporate lots of veggies and use a non-stick pan and/or cooking spray instead of butter or oil. The eggs are high-protein and filling and scramble up in just a couple minutes. You can also wrap it in a low-carb flatbread (I like Flatout brand) or lettuce and take it on the go.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg on toast w fruit
    Toast, peanut butter, bananna, honey
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i eat a lot of lunch foods for breakfast... but I also eat around 11-1pm. I don't go to sleep until about 1-3am. Sometimes I wake up just craving a burger! If I do happen to be up early I love a scramble with eggs potatoes salsa and avocado... smoothies... granola and yogurt ect.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    My go to is a 18+ gram of protein, protein bar. Eggs, toast and bacon when I have time. Add avocado if I have some.
  • kbmh611
    kbmh611 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes have a bagel thin, add a patty or two of turkey sausage, and slice up a hard boiled egg to put on the sandwich. That's good, quick, and pretty filling and, if I remember correctly, it's about 300 calories a sandwich.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My breakfast:
    Bacon cheeseburger casserole
    Bacon Avocado Muffin
    Bacon wrapped jalapeno popper

Total breakdown: 780 kcal, 15g carb, 60g fat, 43g protein, 7g fiber.
    I don't feel even remotely compelled to eat again until very late in the day.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    High carbs did not put on 10 pounds of weight gain, eating too many calories did.

But if you want filling breakfasts, think in terms of plenty of protein and healthy fats. Perhaps egg white or whole egg omelettes, Canadian bacon. yogurt, cottage cheese, avocados, peanut butter toast, cheese toast, etc..

i know it was not only carbs, but how much not counted, a handful of purely elizabeth here, and there really adds up. as i said i was not being honest w/ myself. one day of being honest and down 2 pounds! thanks for the ideas!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    kbmh611 wrote: »
    I'll sometimes have a bagel thin, add a patty or two of turkey sausage, and slice up a hard boiled egg to put on the sandwich. That's good, quick, and pretty filling and, if I remember correctly, it's about 300 calories a sandwich.

love this...thank you!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    My go to is a 18+ gram of protein, protein bar. Eggs, toast and bacon when I have time. Add avocado if I have some.

protein bar will only hold me so long, i love the maybe too much! going try to stay away from sugar except on maybe a special day. one little bit, and all bets are off!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    Maugfr wrote: »
    Good morning EttaMaeMartin,
    First of, congratulations ! Congratulations for acknowledging that you don't feel true to yourself, congratulations to be back here after losing 10 pounds and gaining them back, congratulations to try again, congratulations to choose yourself for the good again ! :-) Today is another day and one day at a time, one good choice at a time, one lesson at a time, you will be your true self ! :-)
    As for the breakfast ideas, I personally like oatmeal with fruits(strawberries, nectarine, blueberries,etc.), nuts, cinnamon powder, a bit of almond milk. I feel full at first and it lasts me for a long time. As for my boyfriend, he says he feels hungry after only the oatmeal, he preferes adding greek yogourt or replacing the oatmeal with more greek yogourt (keeping the rest mentioned in the above).
    Omelette is fabulous too. Eggs (protein that keeps you satiated, with not much calories - let's say 3) with various veggies (zucchini, oignons, tomatoes, grinded carrots, etc. What you have in the fridge, what you like! - Yesterday, I bowled potatoes beforehands, cut them and add them to the omelette. It tastes good, texture is good and gives a sense of stuffiness !
    If you take protein powder, you can start with a fruits/greens shake with almond milk. Or make it and bring it with you to work (for breakfast 2) if you feel you didn't eat much in the morning...
    These are my ideas for breakfast!
    I hope it helped, keep me posted !
    And again, welcome back !
    Be kind to yourself; you are amazing, you are good enough, you are worth it.
    Happy Wednesday !
    Mau
    thank you for just being a nice human. i hjad lost 30lbs. before this site. it is only in the last month where i knew i was not being honest, but didnot wantto weigh, because then it is true? makes sense? i am not too worried. one day of tracking EVERYTHING, AND DOWN 2, SO I WAS REALLY INACCURATE! THANKS FOR THE BIT OF HOPE. WE ALL NEED IT! THANKS FOR THE IDEAS! J
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Protein pancake - one scoop of vanilla p.powder, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp baking powder and milk/water as needed to thin it a bit. I use and omelet pan and get one huge, fluffy pancake for 220 cals, 26g protein and 4 carbs.