Why am I not losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Thanks! What should I be looking for? Is there a way for me to post my diary here? I really just do it for myself so some parts aren't accurate (as in, I will put in another food with the same calories as what I am actually eating in order to keep track on the go.)

If you're doing this, it's very possible you aren't logging accurately. (ok, I wouldn't even say "very possible", it's not accurate because you just said it wasn't)

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think?hl=You're+probably+eating+more+than+you+think
  • peanut321
    peanut321 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! What should I be looking for? Is there a way for me to post my diary here? I really just do it for myself so some parts aren't accurate (as in, I will put in another food with the same calories as what I am actually eating in order to keep track on the go.)

If you're doing this, it's very possible you aren't logging accurately. (ok, I wouldn't even say "very possible", it's not accurate because you just said it wasn't)

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think?hl=You're+probably+eating+more+than+you+think

Thanks! Yup, it's not accurate. But the calories are accurate. As in: I make scrambled eggs with spinach and log in just the egg part because the amount of calories in spinach is negligible (eg 7 calories a cup.) Then I sometimes will over something to add the 7 calories. So the bottom line number of calories is correct or overestimated.
  • belindanjumo
    belindanjumo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If u say u are working out. U must lost some weight but added more muscle. I exercised for 10weeks and ate little. I was told i lost some weight but inturn added muscle, so the scales didnt change. could be that!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Body could be going into starvation mode

OH SH1T....

*leaves thread*

hey! i have gone 9 months eating only 1200 calories per day, losing 80 pounds, without starvation mode... but, i woke up this morning, noticed i didn't lose anything over night, and after reading this post, im quite sure im now in starvation mode.

cmon guys, why is that always the first idea? "IF" starvation mode exhists, its something that happens over time, gradually. you may see a 10% decline in your metabolic rate after a prolonged vlcd, however, even then, you wouldn't experience the idea of starvation mode that some of you preach about.

if someone is just weeks in, and not losing weight, starvation mode is the least likely cause. the more likely cause would be error on the person in regards to their input / output calculations.