I'm starting to think I will never be my goal size...

Options
MzManiak
MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
And you know what?? I'm OK with that! I've had 3 kids. I don't think my hips will ever go back! lol Also, I'm kind of falling in love with my thighs. They may be bigger... they may not have whatever gap people are always talking about... but I can feel the muscles in my legs when I do butt kicks (frikkin Jillian!:grumble: ) and I'm starting to enjoy running...

So, yeah, it may make me sad that my favorite pair of (expensive) jeans will continue to sit in my closet... but goals change... and I hope YOU get to the point that you can be comfortable with your body, even when it's not at goal. Much love fellow MFPers! :heart:

Replies

• lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ditto!!!!!!!! I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'm proud of the progress I've made so far!

Message to everyone...LOVE YOUR BODY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    That's a very awesome message :) But I wouldn't give up on your goals just yet ;) You work incredibly hard and with lifting, you will definitely start to see more changes with your body. BIG HIPS/THIGHS ARE GOOD THOUGH.

I agree with the overall message for sure. Love your body, be proud of how you look :) I am finally getting to that point and its wonderful.
  • mikeb2769
    mikeb2769 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with brillmer. It is awesome that you are comfortable with your body but don't give up on your goals either! You are so dedicated on here that I have no doubt you will still put those jeans on again! And even if you don't by chance you are still beautiful from the inside out! Keep up the good work!!
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    nice message! I'm not sure if im coming to terms with the same thing.. or whether im coming to terms with the fact its going to take longer than i ever thought. I'm just enjoying being fitter and accomplishing fitness goals rather than weight goals.
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great post. I had to say a little serenity prayer to myself, recently.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I had to give up my goal weight when I got within 4 lbs of it. Bodies change as we age and having kids can make the hips wider. I realized to get to goal I would have to drop to 15% BF and that wasn't my desired goal. Be proud of what you have accomplished and if you do manage to work your way back into those jeans it will feel that much better.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I love this post....setting a "goal weight" can be tricky. Look at how many people on here don't lose much "weight" but work out and transform their bodies. Are they failures? And wanting to fit into jeans from high school or college or before kids.. could just be plain unobtainable because some bodies keep changing throughout a lifetime. The point is to be fit..look the best you can according to your perspective. To be healthy. You are a success! Thanks for your post.
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is an issue that a lot of us struggle with, myself included, I have recently been thinking if want to lose any more weight. My hubby actually likes my 'thicker' body, but I want to be healthy and not sick, so I will cotinue to eat healthy and exercise, but I am not so focused on the scale though.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Great outlook!

I am actually surprised that I have been able to go down to the size I have.....but I am still not 100% happy. I am starting to think I will never be happy with my middle section, but I am definitely happIER with it than I was previously, so I try to focus on that.

Now it is a struggle to keep going, keep on trucking and not let myself slide back into old habits or else all these new clothes I bought will be useless. It is hard, especially on days like today where I just feel BLAH and must be bloated a bit, but I know how worse off it was before and tell myself, "you are just bloated, it will go away, get over it!"
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look just right to me. It is a good message though.
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Exactly! When I first started this journey my original goal was 115, my pre-pregnancy weight from my military years. My body has changed so much since having children and getting out of the Army, so when I first realized it's just not realistic to go back to that shape, I was honestly bummed out. BUT as soon as I let go of the scale progress and starting fixating on the fitness/strength progress I became a million times happier/more content. Keep up the positive attitude!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I think that's OK. I'm not suggesting Fat Acceptance, but I agree with you that I'm not getting back to my prepregnancy weight of 108 lbs. I'm happy at 127 lbs and even my dr gave up. I'm middle-aged & even though I eat right & exercise, my body is changing. Alll we can do is work within the system.

It's OK to not accomplish all your goals. I just tell people that I'm too short to be a Rockette!!!
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I agree with brillmer. It is awesome that you are comfortable with your body but don't give up on your goals either! You are so dedicated on here that I have no doubt you will still put those jeans on again! And even if you don't by chance you are still beautiful from the inside out! Keep up the good work!!

this man knows! :)
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

this man knows! :)

Yes, yes.. you are always right! That's why you're my friend! And, how can I go wrong with your *brilliance* guiding me?? :wink: Lifting- day 2 today and my back is still sore! :indifferent: :laugh:

@MrsG- we all have those days. I just had a couple in a row the last few days. Just have to get through it. It's hard because I find myself, on those days, wishing the day would just hurry up and be over already... but I have to be careful thinking like that... because how many days can I wish that before a year has passed?? Then my baby will celebrate another birthday and I'll be another year older and wish I had enjoyed the time more! So, just focus on one thing that makes the day worth enjoying and use it as motivation.

@MostlyWater... I don't think of it as not accomplishing my goal... just that I'm open to changing that goal. It's not a failure, it's progression. :wink:

I'm glad to see so many positive people! Makes my day even better! I wish my IRL friends were as supportive as you all. :flowerforyou:
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @MrsG- we all have those days. I just had a couple in a row the last few days. Just have to get through it. It's hard because I find myself, on those days, wishing the day would just hurry up and be over already... but I have to be careful thinking like that... because how many days can I wish that before a year has passed?? Then my baby will celebrate another birthday and I'll be another year older and wish I had enjoyed the time more! So, just focus on one thing that makes the day worth enjoying and use it as motivation.

Bahahaha- after I read your response I walked by a colleagues desk she had this e-card printed out and posted on the wall and I thought I can totally relate!

Couldn't figure how to upload an image, so here are the words:

I think it's weird how somedays I feel skinny and somedays I feel like a busted can of biscuits.
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Jean styles change so fast you most likely need a new expensive up to date pair anyway! Go shopping and be happy! Getting down this far is a grand accomplishment!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Definitely this. I was the same way, when I started this last year I thought I just wanted to get into onederland and be happy at a size 14, now I'm heading toward size 10 and maybe by the time I finish, a size 8 (do I dare to dream?) Hellz yeah!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!