Pokemon Go

Options
jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,751 Member
What are your thoughts about Pokemon Go?

Replies

• jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    personally i don't play pokemon, but my son showed it to me. i took a walk with the app on and it distracted me and i walked further because i was trying to catch them. lol . was long as you are aware of your surroundings, it is a cute distraction.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm already addicted to Frozen freefall so I'm not even going there! Seems to be huge in NZ.
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Its a great add-on to your daily walk...you just have to use common sense by being aware of your surroundings and being considerate to others.
  • jm216
    Options
    My kids are totally into it... I have a 15 year old boy and an 11 year old girl. I like how it gets them moving.
  • jm216
    Options
    personally i don't play pokemon, but my son showed it to me. i took a walk with the app on and it distracted me and i walked further because i was trying to catch them. lol . was long as you are aware of your surroundings, it is a cute distraction.

I agree!
  • jm216
    Options
    fionarama wrote: »
    I'm already addicted to Frozen freefall so I'm not even going there! Seems to be huge in NZ.

I have gaming issues too! The Simpsons, Frozen, Tetris, Galaga....

• jm216
    Options
    JustKen74 wrote: »
    Its a great add-on to your daily walk...you just have to use common sense by being aware of your surroundings and being considerate to others.

Both of my kids run cross country, so I'm concerned that they want to play Pokemon Go while running.... Not a great idea. :/
  • jm216
    Options
    :D
    wFfsynZ.jpg

9yn5CjJ.jpg

MfheDgK.jpg

More pedestrian and motor vehicle accidents since the advent of texting and smartphones, Darwin at work?

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love playing it. Be careful though. My mom informed me last night that people are putting lures on pokestops to attract pokemon go players and then robbing them at gun point (my mom is a dispatcher and has apparently had a lot of calls about it).
  • jm216
    Options
    I love playing it. Be careful though. My mom informed me last night that people are putting lures on pokestops to attract pokemon go players and then robbing them at gun point (my mom is a dispatcher and has apparently had a lot of calls about it).

So sad... And pathetic!
  • Hiro_Protagonist
    Hiro_Protagonist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Okay serious answer:

Sounds like a lot of people are having a blast with it, personally I am not a huge Pokemon fan. Shadow2soul brought up something I have discussed already on my feed...

"After looking up safety concerns about Pokémon Go in relation to my daughter after hearing about 3 accidental deaths, numerous players walking into traffic or onto private property improperly recognized by the app as a public area and lastly robbers using the the app to add a beacon to a pokestop to lure and locate players. Never heard of a game that is barely 3 days old causing so much mayhem so quickly. It's cute and gets people out of the house exercising but there are inherent risks becoming evident rather quickly...robbers is the least of my concerns, what about sexual predators? Great concept for an app, I mean Nintendo stock went up 10% today but I think they need to address some of these safety concerns. Even a warning or recommendation not to play alone or digress into isolated areas etc. People sure like to *kitten* up great ideas."

But as a friend mentioned this has a similar pattern to texting whilst crossing the street etc It is ultimately the responsibility of people to be aware of their surroundings and try to use common sense.

• jm216
    Options
    I have been waiting 20 years for Pokemon Go. I need to go catch me some Weedle.

I just started it yesterday and found out I have Ratatats in my house!! :D I need me some Weedle too!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've been playing it a ton. Since last Thursday I walked an extra 9 miles playing it. And my 5 year old is super into it. Since I'm pregnant I find my motivation to exercise is lacking. This is just what I needed..and it's fun.
  • jm216
    Options
    Here's a suggestion:

If kids are walking around in public playing the game, an adult should be with them...supervising them. Sound logical? I sure hope so. Maybe this is assuming that the adult isn't playing too... Or texting and walking.

Confession.... I tried to walk my dog and play.... Didn't work so well, and it wasn't fair to the dog!
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think it's a pretty neat app. I feel a little bit embarrassed to be my age and chasing a darn Duoduo for half a mile this morning. :blush: And no, I didn't catch him. :(
  • jm216
    Options
    mzfrizz15 wrote: »
    I think it's a pretty neat app. I feel a little bit embarrassed to be my age and chasing a darn Duoduo for half a mile this morning. :blush: And no, I didn't catch him. :(

I'm sure I'm older than you (46), so don't sweat it.
    I was wandering randomly around my yard this morning... My neighbors might think I'm starting to lose it.