Need suggestions!....Tired of Meal Prepping with Chicken!

Options
Tired of Meal Prepping with Chicken!....Baked chicken, grilled chicken, boiled, slow cooker, etc! You name it, I have prepared it with chicken as the "star"--headliner! And, eating it everyday for lunch and dinner is becoming boring. lol

What is your "go-to" meal or eats that you like to meal prep to last through the week? Any recipes or recipe websites, you like to follow?!

Any suggestions are appreciated in advance, because this brother needs a life raft quickly...because I'm sinking! :)

-Don

Replies

• planetfatty
    planetfatty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lean pork in Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chilli? Chicken marinated in jerk/harissa/tikka/Thai seasonings? Fish with lemon & parsley?

I don't prep much but I do cook a lot from scratch. When I get bored, I tend to look around for a new spice or marinade or seasoning I've never tried before. I don't know if that's much help though.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I do either Chicken or pork (loin or chops) in the crockpot- put a little seasoning in there and turn it on. simple simple
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I make something I call "Marine Corps Mash". Ground beef, black beans, quinoa or rice, tomato sauce, and spices of your choice. You can also do it with taco seasoning but skip the rice for chips to eat it with.
  • Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Roast beef with carrots (left overs or even rust beef sandwiches, can even cut up the meat for a stew feel or eat the meat on a salad). Steak great for salads, tacos, quisadillas. Salmon or shrimp, I'll put with a veggie pasta or put in a salad. Tuna sometimes I'll make tuna salad or just plain tuna on salad or make a wrap.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Curry. Turkey curry. With beetroot and spinach. Tomato based sauce, make your own paste and eat with whatever carb you like (i like couscous) but kale instead of rice/couscous is also good. Plus it gets better each day as the paste develops in the sauce with time!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the chicken - I cook 10-15 pounds of it every Sunday. Three ways - grilled, shredded, and sauteed with peppers and onions.

I mix up the veggies/sides, and I use the chicken to make tacos, fajitas, nachos, etc.

And then when I'm really fed up with it, I cook some lean ground beef or steak.

Fish is so expensive and I don't seem to be successful with it, but I would love to add that in as well.
  • IAmDonaldC
    IAmDonaldC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @sllm1 THANK YOU! This is a great rotation and suggestion. Also, tacos and fajitas sounds like a good idea. Thanks Again!
  • TillyManning
    TillyManning Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good ideas on this line of posts - please keep them coming as I am tired of chicken too!

A local seafood place makes a good appetizer I'm trying to duplicate. It's called a campechana and is basically salsa with whole shrimp, lump crabmeat, avocado and cilantro mixed in. I'm going to try it using precooked, frozen shrimp, adding all the other stuff to one container in the morning and hopefully it's thawed and marinated by lunch tomorrow. Served with blue corn tortilla chips.
  • IAmDonaldC
    Options
    @ARGriffy WOW! Never tried Turkey curry! Definitely adding this one to the regimine. THANKS!
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Curry. Turkey curry. With beetroot and spinach.

• dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Tuna is high in protein and a great alternative. I second the lean pork loins, too.
  • IAmDonaldC
    Options
    @usmcmp YES! This sounds awesome! Thank you!! Adding ground beef to the mix sounds like a great plan and this recipe sounds awesome. I'm on this one big time!
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I make something I call "Marine Corps Mash". Ground beef, black beans, quinoa or rice, tomato sauce, and spices of your choice. You can also do it with taco seasoning but skip the rice for chips to eat it with.

• kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I cook up beef or pork strips and use them to make a stirfry. If you leave all the veggies a little undercooked when you reheat later in the week they will be at a perfect crisp level and not overcooked. It even freezes well

Pulled pork in the slow cooker (using pork loin, salt, a little bbq sauce and seasonings like paprika, cayenne). We eat this as a protein with some salad or steamed veggies
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    @ARGriffy WOW! Never tried Turkey curry! Definitely adding this one to the regimine. THANKS!
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Curry. Turkey curry. With beetroot and spinach.

Message me if you want an actual recipe, i got lots :) Curry is my jam
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about shrimp? I keep a bag of frozen, precooked shrimp for quick lunches. I just take out the desired portion and let it thaw in the fridge overnight or even in my lunch bag that day. Great on salads or sandwiches or even tossed into some canned gumbo soup for a super-quick meal. Today I added them to a greek cucumber/tomato salad with tzatziki dressing.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    We have veggie burgers or fish at least once a week. Veggie burgers make for an easy filling meal. I'll cut mine up tonight and eat it on a salad instead of a bun.
  • IAmDonaldC
    Options
    @planetfatty and @jenngitch THANK YOU. Pork!....The other white meat sounds like a good alternative. I don't cook it much but will incorporate it more. Very helpful. :)
    Lean pork in Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chilli? Chicken marinated in jerk/harissa/tikka/Thai seasonings? Fish with lemon & parsley?

I don't prep much but I do cook a lot from scratch. When I get bored, I tend to look around for a new spice or marinade or seasoning I've never tried before. I don't know if that's much help though.

• RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Do you like other cuts of meat? I don't eliminate anything from my diet, I just try to cook it more healthily and eat it in smaller portions. If you have freezer room, you could do a big batch(es) of meat(s) and veggies, and make your own TV dinners.

I've found making my own burgers are a lot less fatty and greasy than even the store meat counter ones, so I'll prep them and individually batch them to pull out as I need them. I also did some Wildtree freezer meal workshops, so I throw those in the slow cooker and then refreeze the leftovers in small batches for other times.
  • IAmDonaldC
    Options
    @ARGriffy Thank you! Will do. Playing around with curry sounds like a great change of pace.
    [/quote]

Message me if you want an actual recipe, i got lots :) Curry is my jam
    [/quote]