New To Myfitness pal

jackarin
jackarin Posts: 18
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone,:happy:

I am new to this sight and I am looking to take off pounds packed on by having my son 2 year ago. I originally lost 80 lbs and then once my son was born the 80 lbs came right back.:grumble: I use to only count the amount of sugar and carbs I was digesting, but now I am counting calories. This is a change for me to track every single thing, but I am definatly up for this change, simply because I want to get back into my skinny jeans.:love: Wish me luck!

Does anyone have any suggestions about combinations of herbal teas. Currently I use fennel seeds and caraway seeds. I steep the seeds for approximately 10 minutes, after boiling the water for 5 minutes. I usually drink a cup in the morning and one at luch 30 minutes before each meal. I heard that these seeds/herbs are good for your metabolism!

Replies

• jackarin
    jackarin Posts: 18
    Hello Everyone,:happy:

I am new to this sight and I am looking to take off pounds packed on by having my son 2 year ago. I originally lost 80 lbs and then once my son was born the 80 lbs came right back.:grumble: I use to only count the amount of sugar and carbs I was digesting, but now I am counting calories. This is a change for me to track every single thing, but I am definatly up for this change, simply because I want to get back into my skinny jeans.:love: Wish me luck!

Does anyone have any suggestions about combinations of herbal teas. Currently I use fennel seeds and caraway seeds. I steep the seeds for approximately 10 minutes, after boiling the water for 5 minutes. I usually drink a cup in the morning and one at luch 30 minutes before each meal. I heard that these seeds/herbs are good for your metabolism!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    welcome jackarin:flowerforyou:

i too have skinny jeans that i hope fit my booty in!:laugh:

i don't know anything about teas that speed up your metabolism, but just exercising and watching calories has helped my lose weight (10 pounds so far). whatever works for you as long as its healthy.

good luck,
    em
  • I hear that green tea is really good for weight loss too. I just buy the regular lipton from the store.

anyhow...welcome and good luck...I also use to do the carb count thing and it truly is the only thing I found that worked....however, never eating any of the "bad stuff" is something I couldn't live with forever and I have found that it has become a yo-yo thing for me and I know that is not good. I know the counting calorie thing works...it is just hard...and remember...just because it is low calorie...doesn't mean it's good for you! :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.