:/ Stuck- losing motivation...

Options
Hey all!
So I started this out at 196/
everything was going so well!
I was losing weight super quick, and I know most of it was just excess sugar/water and whatnot.
but I felt good I felt motivated. I lost 11 pounds in what feels like 3 weeks (although I think it was longer...)
now I'm stuck at 185 ish, and I'm not going anywhere. It's frustrating- like why am I not eating all the foods I like,
why am I even still working so hard on my diet if NOTHING is happening...

What am I to do...

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Weight loss can be tricky! What have you been doing to try to lose the weight?
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, it's way too soon to be getting discouraged! I can understand your frustrations but don't give up. Like the poster above, what have you been doing? I noticed the same, that the initials pounds came off quickly and then I hit a plateau (mine was after a few months though) so I switched up my workouts because my body was getting used to them and even switched up my diet somewhat.

So - what are you eating/doing to workout/sleep schedule?? Maybe it just needs to be slightly adjusted. Don't fret just yet :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal for a body to slow down on losing weight once it adjusts. While you can shake things up with exercise (try a new exercise, or even a different exercise machine) or diet (try playing around with your macros), once the initial whoosh is down, it's usually going to be slower-going after that. Doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, it just means your body is getting healthier and more able to adapt.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    At this point im trying to gain weight its just as has loseing weight.

To lose more weight you must know that its 20%fitness- 70%nutrition.
    As far as workouts, if you want QUICK results. I recommend trying to plan out your whole week.
    Take one rest day. make 2 days nothing but cardio. Make the rest of the days LIFTING! This is not joke.

WATER WATER WATER - early morning workouts are the best for your body. Theres much more i can get into but dont want to take to much space lol. Anyone has questions messge me :glasses:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    So I started this out at 196/
    everything was going so well!
    I was losing weight super quick, and I know most of it was just excess sugar/water and whatnot.
    but I felt good I felt motivated. I lost 11 pounds in what feels like 3 weeks (although I think it was longer...)
    now I'm stuck at 185 ish, and I'm not going anywhere. It's frustrating- like why am I not eating all the foods I like,
    why am I even still working so hard on my diet if NOTHING is happening...

What am I to do...

Hey, my advice is to keep eating all the foods you like, just in smaller portions. In order for this to work, it needs to be a life overhaul, not a temporary diet.

I slipped up over the 4th of July weekend and got back into some bad snacking habits, but now that the weekend is over, I'm falling back into my new "regular pattern" of eating and exercising, and it's not something I need to think about that much. I'm not giving anything up, I'm just monitoring and limiting where necessary. For example, my husband brought home potato chips as part of our dinner last night. I still ate them, but I also went for a run. It fit into my calories for the day, so why not?

It sounds like you are doing great! And I don't see how 11 pounds could *all* be water weight. My weight loss has come in fits and starts. I'll lose a bunch, then stall for a bit, then lose a bunch more. Whatever you are doing is working, so stick with the habits and you will keep moving forward. I promise!
  • lovenaire
    lovenaire Posts: 10
    Options
    I was at 260 when I decided to get my act together. The first 2 weeks were fast. It was very motivating. After my body realized we were sticking with this, it decided to slow down what it was shredding. I even hovered at the same weight one week, and went up a couple of pounds another week. It was frustrating. (The plateau). then I started to drop weight again this week, but at a reasonable rate. About 2 pounds or so. I have a good amount to lose, and losing it quickly may be a bad thing, as my skin needs time to snap back lol. I dont want to have a belly flap LOL...

Keep on going. Its not the weight, its the everything else. confidence, attitude, self esteem, longer life, active life, etc etc. This is what really matters.