Law Enforcement

Options
lisahebert186
lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
I just want to give a shot out to all law enforcement, military and first responders. THANK YOU for your selflessness. Thank you to your families for their sacrafices and thank you for choosing to protect me and my family, whatever the cost. Lots of people in my family are in law enforcement. You are the true hero's.

Replies

• sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    When half my bonus is gobbled up by the government every year, I expect this service. No thank you needed.

And don't pull me over because I look like a black or Arab guy ;)

Are you a flacid dick everywhere you post? Lol
    I get special treatment from the police officers. They pick me out of the crowd just because I look foreign. Unfortunately I stand out surrounded by benign looking white people ;) So I guess I have a right to have a difference of opinion. My first amendment right.

Besides, nobody thanks me for my overworked hours, government does not thank me for my taxes, and they send me a check because I end up owing money every year. Still no thank yous, but plenty of harassment, even when I want to go catch a broadway show peacefully. I think they enjoy harassing people who don't look like the blue eyed Jesus.

From my part, I politely ignore their harassment because it is a choice between ignoring and letting them go have their donuts later OR get arrested and worse shot dead ;)

I would agree in the sense that some cops are dicks and pull people over just because. But there are very many that care about what they do, and are not like that. I actually just got pulled over the other day because my license plate fell off, only for him to run the registration and insurance to find my registration was up 4 months ago because i just got the vehicle and apparently commercial registration runs out yearly instead of every 2 years. So not only was i missing a plate, i was ALSO driving unregistered. He let me go with a warning. Now if this happened where i used to live, i know i wouldnt have been headed home, id be wearing pretty bracelets and have to pay to get my truck out of impound. Lol so im very grateful for cops like these. I think it all depends on the person behind the badge, but they are definitely under paid for the dangerous situations they are put in, for all he knew i could have been methed right out and armed
  • k8blujay
    k8blujay Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When half my bonus is gobbled up by the government every year, I expect this service. No thank you needed.

I get special treatment from the police officers. They pick me out of the crowd just because I look foreign. Unfortunately I stand out surrounded by benign looking white people ;) So I guess I have a right to have a difference of opinion. My first amendment right.

Besides, nobody thanks me for my overworked hours, government does not thank me for my taxes,

As a former government employee, no thanked me for my services supporting crews to make sure people had their water and sewer services, but I'm not sitting here complaining that I'm under appreciated.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I was in law enforcement for years and can't stand 50% of the cops I meet. The other half are cool dudes. Especially the ones that pull me over lol
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    No thanks need but, very much appreciated!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

Actually, neither your bonus nor your regular pay is gobbled and transferred to local police. That's your property tax. When you are detained, Mr. Thank-you really doesn't want to be reminded who he ultimately works for.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Besides, nobody thanks me for my overworked hours, government does not thank me for my taxes, and they send me a check because I end up owing money every year. Still no thank yous, but plenty of harassment, even when I want to go catch a broadway show peacefully. I think they enjoy harassing people who don't look like the blue eyed Jesus.

From my part, I politely ignore their harassment because it is a choice between ignoring and letting them go have their donuts later OR get arrested and worse shot dead ;)

Sounds like someone is voting for Trump....sad country you live in..
  • LisaBrown23
    LisaBrown23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hi all xx
This discussion has been closed.