Eating away from home

Options
I'm going to a conference at the end of the month and staying for a week away from home. I already attended one conference this summer, and I ate terribly! They fed us well, but the food was really fatty and high in calories. What are your tips for eating away from home? It's almost harder to eat well when lunch is being catered as opposed to going to a restaurant because you have less options!

Replies

• britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bring your own shelf-stable, more reasonable stuff in your purse. Protein bars, nuts, apples...you get the idea. Most of the catered lunches I've ever had have fruit and veggie trays. Or salad....

Maybe you could eat at maintenance that week and just try to not gain, rather that lose?
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Choices. What were they feeding you? Was it buffet style or was it a fixed entree? I've been to different conferences and its been both healthy and sort of not healthy. Last one that was catered was with whole wheat turkey sandwiches with cookies, pasta salad, homemade kettle chips.

I had a big bottle of water and ate half of the sandwich. I didnt eat the cookies or the pasta salad. When I was able to I went and got me something else that was healthier.

Does the hotel you're staying at have a gym or pool? Work off some of the calories off at the gym.

Don't fall victim to "it was there so I had to eat it". You have choices and if they serve you something you just won't eat, you won't DIE of starvation if you have to wait a few hours to go get you something else.