Four day music festival?

Options
tmarple93
tmarple93 Posts: 75 Member
Hey guys! So I'm gonna be going to a four day music festival and am super excited but am not really sure what kind of foods to pack! We will only have ice chests and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on somewhat healthy foods to bring and what kind of produce will hold up well? I'm gonna be drinking lots of alcohol I'm sure and want to eat at least somewhat healthy and stay hydrated and don't really wanna eat straight junk ALL weekend lol. I need easy breakfast and lunch and snack ideas. :) thanks guys!

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Id say keep it balanced and well hydrated. Dance your heart out to burn some calories! Lol have fun!(:
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Apples and oranges will hold up
    Popcorn
    Lots of water (coconut water if u like it)
    Peanut butter and jelly
    Peanut butter w honey
    Crackers or graham crackers
    Granola bars, Luna bars, Lara bars
    Tuna in those pouches you can rip open
    Chips/hummus
    Mayo packets
    Cereal (eat dry if u have no room for milk)
    Lots of dried fruit and nuts
    Salami wrapped around string cheese (I've seen them prepackaged at the store in the cheese aisle)
    Good bread
    Laughing cow cheese
    Apple sauce individual servings

Have fun!!!
  • tmarple93
    Options
    Thank you!! :D I totally forgot about Lara bars! And salami and string cheese never crossed my mind I either. :)
  • Macpui85
    Macpui85 Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tuna, canned or otherwise. Milk, dried nuts, protein powder, fruits with dense cuticle (like apples), protein bars, salty low carb crackers. Most of all, water; in drowning quantities.
  • tmarple93
    Options
    Should I try to avoid high sodium since I'm gonna be drinking alot? Or just make sure to load up on extra water.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Rinsed Black bean & chick peas, red onion, cilantro, shredded chicken + seasonings. Personally I like taco seasoning. Beans and seasoning you can get low sodium. Has a chipotle vibe, I know I love chipotle when I'm hungover.

Boiled eggs, bear naked honey/almond oats or really any of those oat clusters bags, brown some turkey sausage - I love it cold, canned fruit, canned beans.

I'm sure if you google non-perishable healthy snacks you'll find a lot of neat ideas too.
  • tmarple93
    Options
    Ooo thank you for the recipe that sounds so good! You think it would hold up well in a ice chest?
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think so. Maybe freeze them before hand :):) I love it! Making it for myself this week!