Stress eating/craving

Options
Today was a terrible, no good day. I have 230 calories left and really want to binge on something sweet. Help!!

Replies

• kristybowen1
    kristybowen1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! Just remember how you feel after binging like that! Focus on something else. Focus on how proud you will be tomorrow knowing you worked through this episode! Be strong! I know you have it in you! This is coming from a stress eater.
  • Lorilynn_37
    Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    "Dear stomach you are bored, not hungry so shut up!"
    Found that saying today... Lol
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This day is not working so well for me, either. I usually am able to get through the workday with 2 reasonable snacks from the free junk food which I plan as "lunch". So far, and I've got 3+ hours to go, I've had an additional 2 snacks and 1 visit to the candy bowl. I am logging everything that goes in, and subtracting planned calories from dinner. I have little room for maneuver remaining.
  • amyoung78
    amyoung78 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A nurse who I visit every other week tells me to give in to my cravings, and then move on. Tomorrow is a new day.
    I had a craving for something sweet the other day and had a large helping of cooked broccoli (one of my favs). I felt full afterwards and the craving was gone.
    A handful of nuts work really well for me too. The protein really sticks until my next meal.
    Trying to drink water helps sometimes too. Or diet coke when it's really bad. I don't really drink soda too much. One glass every so often helps me out a lot.