New to MFP boards! 18-25 year olds?

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay and Ive been signed up for myfitnesspal for a while now but I just started to get involved in the message boards! Im a 20 year old college student. My health journey started on 4/6/2013, the day I finally decided to stop the yo-yo dieting pattern that I had developed when I was 13,when I started losing and gaining 20 lbs almost every year. For now my diet consists of no processed foods, no simple carbs, and no added sugars. Im still trying to develop a consistent exercise routine but I do walking/running, pilates (blogilates), and sometimes beachbody videos. I net about 1500 calories per day. Id love to meet other people around the same age as me and/or similar stats, so feel free to message or add me!

My Stats:
5'4
Highest Weight: Around 135
Current: 124
Goals: 114 or Size 4 jeans - to be confident and happy - to be healthy

Replies

• babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There's plenty of us here, I'm 22 myself. Find the routine that works best for you and feel free to ask us any questions.
  • cassiejames
    Options
    Hows it going?? Im 23 :)
  • scrummy92
    scrummy92 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I'm 21. Anyone else can feel free to add me as well :)
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 23 and I have a problem with sticking to it. I net gain at least 15 - 20 pounds and then I try to lose it. It is a horrible cycle that I am intent on breaking.. I got the myfitnesspal app on my cell phone and I find the calorie log helps me so then I decided to take the next step and join the community for some accountability. I am trying to slowly cut out processed foods and reduce my sugar intake. Right now I log 1200 calories but I might have to increase my intake because it is too little for me when I exercise. Feel free to add me!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm a 22 year old college student and started around the same time as you. I'm 5'2.5". My heigh weight was 66kg (or possibly higher); now I'm about 54kg (119lbs).

My goal is 50kg(110lbs) but will reevaluate when I reach that.
  • lms1220
    lms1220 Posts: 60
    Options
    bump!
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im also 20 :) feel free to add me!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kate! :)
  • k_lips
    k_lips Posts: 22
    Options
    hi, I'm 20 too, and close to your height and weight! feel free to add me!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am mean I am 20 year old college student but that is pretty much all we have in common but you are more than welcome to add me. I started my journey on 1/20/13 at 285 now I am down almost 40 pounds 6 months later so I still have a long journey ahead of me. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    24 here! Everyone feel free to add me :)
  • lacyjay87
    lacyjay87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, but most the time feel 22! Does that count? LOL I hate the sound of "over the age limit" LOL...gettin' old is roten! :)

I used to be a size 3 pant as long as I can remember. Thin and curvaceous was the compliment I always got!!! I got married at 20 and by 21 I was preg and had my baby in 2008. I gained 70 lbs and can not make it go away!

I was around 190 and was down 34 lbs from taking ACE... ACE is magic in a bottle, but I accidently took it with my meds and wound up in the hospital...They told me I tested positive with METH! The ACE was what did it..I do not do drugs!

So now I am going to be trying Herbalife...Im not aloud to advertise it so therefore I can not explain on here what it is.

I'm back up to about 170 at 5'5'' and in a size 14...I'm looking to get into that sexy size 3 again!

MY display pic is a before and after pic of ACE.... before 190 after 160 in my little black dress!!!!
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me, anyone!
    23 Myself
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay and Ive been signed up for myfitnesspal for a while now but I just started to get involved in the message boards! Im a 20 year old college student. My health journey started on 4/6/2013, the day I finally decided to stop the yo-yo dieting pattern that I had developed when I was 13,when I started losing and gaining 20 lbs almost every year. For now my diet consists of no processed foods, no simple carbs, and no added sugars. Im still trying to develop a consistent exercise routine but I do walking/running, pilates (blogilates), and sometimes beachbody videos. I net about 1500 calories per day. Id love to meet other people around the same age as me and/or similar stats, so feel free to message or add me!

My Stats:
    5'4

Oh God...
  • lms1220
    lms1220 Posts: 60
    Options

My Stats:
    5'4

Oh God...

Not necessary at all
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

My Stats:
    5'4

Oh God...

Not necessary at all

I guess you're not excited about the returning of the prodigal son!

k4a0w5.jpg
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, I eat stuff whether it be processed or not, not too much sugar as of late ah wait does Ice cream count? Ok I eat lots of sugar, lots of fat and I'm underweight trying to gain some but i seem to be failing xD So feel free to add me (unless your a weird homo-phobe then we no friends can be)
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm Jess. 24. Anyone can add me!