Turning 40 in 3 weeks!

Options
Hello - My name is Jenn and I am new to this whole tracking calories thing. I've been curious as to how many calories I eat a day now that I've completely changed the way (and what) I eat. I am really surprised too!!

I watch my carbs (which means no grains, sugar, wheat or processed foods) and have been doing this for 3 months now. It's the only thing that has worked for me because I REALLY DON'T ENJOY BEING HUNGRY!!! Ha! But I've lost 19 pounds so far and it's the easiest way to lose weight I have ever seen.

Anywho.. I'm not a yo-yo dieter or really overweight, just looking to lose the weight I've slowly put on these past 3 years. Also looking for support and a place to go on the web that makes me feel like I am a part of something.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    welcome aboard and good luck to you!
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    So nice to meet you! Sounds like you are totally on the right track!

I am new to this site too and found it for the same reason, calorie counting! I had no idea what I was eating and what that meant plus the effect of not exercising regularly for the past several years. If you ask me, I don't feel 40 at all and think most people (who don't know me that well) would never guess my age. Now, I want to look that way too!

If you're looking for a mfp friend, you've got one!
    Good luck!
    Katie
  • TJ39
    TJ39 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hiya, i just joined couple days ago too, good luck & i also turn 40 in 3 weeks lol on july 22nd :) x
  • 88starz
    88starz Posts: 7
    Options
    40 on July 23! Woo-hoo.... NOT!
  • 88starz
    Options
    nice to meet you too!!
  • 88starz
    Options
    Thanks!