Lend me your discipline or also Help me! I'm a hedonist!

Options
Oy vey. Since joining MFP I have not lost weight I have gained it. I guess nobody likes a loser.:drinker:

I am a comfort eater, and drinker, to a scary level. I am cheerleader for everyone I know but have trouble being a kind and supportive to myself! I'm sure some of you know how that goes. On top of having a sweet, caring, but very enabling boyfriend ("I love you! Here's a cheeseburger and a bottle of Whiskey!), I am a freelance video producer which leads to a very random schedule. I have to eat on the go, I can't plan out menus and can never tell when I can get to the gym. It also doesn't help that I have very little tangible motivation to lose weight.

I have a problem with discipline, and consistency. I know that if I had a routine or something along those lines, I might be able to do better. Do any of you have these problems, continuously? I know it's the biggest hurdle to me losing weight. What's your motivation? How do you push yourself through the easy way and do the hard way?

I had an idea, and wanted to see if anyone wanted to do it. I have made my diary public, and I thought about getting a group together of people to monitor each others diaries, and make suggestions on how to live better, to eat better, and to encourage each other to push ourselves to be the best. Everyone on this site is like a warm hug, and I need some accountability here.

Anyone game? Will someone chastise me for NOT logging on the "lost weekend" days I have? Or skipping the gym. I can't afford a personal trainer, but I can offer words of encouragement and support with the occasional witty phrase thrown in.

Cheers.:heart:

Replies

• bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Options
    Hey! You sound like me -- I started on this site over a year ago, lost some weight, gained a bunch, and now am on my third or fourth "back on the wagon" attempt. And I DEFINITELY know how enabling boys can be - my husband enjoys his fast metabolism by eating pretty much whatever he wants, whenever he wants - and it's hard for me to be disciplined around him (not to mention dragging my *kitten* out of bed to workout is hardly appealing when I could stay and snuggle).

If you want an accountability buddy, I'll be there for you, and would love having you there for me -- let's get better together!
  • BeeBee32y
    BeeBee32y Posts: 15
    Options
    hey, well I haven't been on long but will love to join in also.
  • NancyMoedt
    NancyMoedt Posts: 207
    Options
    I accept the challenge!

I have had those days, months and even years and it took a lot to change. The two questions I have for you, is do you want to change? How bad do you want it?

First thing is to start moving. No matter how small.

I can plan workouts and food menus but the mentality also has to change otherwise everything else is meaningless. It's all connected.

You've seen my diary. You know how I roll. Let me help you.
  • bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Options
    We should have a kick-*kitten* name for our group . . . suggestions?