Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Gastric sleeve=bandaid.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The stitches in a gastric sleeve or a bypass are permanent and are definitely not band-aids.
  • Lasp88
    Lasp88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @kbmnurse - What do you mean gastric sleeve=bandaid? I'm considering having this procedure and was wondering if you had some insight?
  • rmalikone7115
    rmalikone7115 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had the sleeve and it has been the only way that I have lost any weight of significates. 3 months out and down 61 pounds. HW 331, SW 311, CW 270 & I'm 66years old. Band aid? It's not magic, but a tool and it's up to the individual-like all things in life. The one thing is that it helps you by not being able to over eat = small stomach. You can cheat by eating around your sleeve - which means you can graze so you feel no restriction and the calories can add up, also by eating just unhealthy foods will also cause weight gain. The sleeve helps you to re-train yourself.
  • rmalikone7115
    Options
    ozmayai22 wrote: »
    Im curious how others are getting their protein and if others crave crackers\chips like I do?

I eat Quest chips or Epoch baked pork rinds. Quest chips are 19 grams protein at 140 calories.
  • rmalikone7115
    Options
    klwatts568 wrote: »
    Hello! I am new to myfitnesspal! I have had the gastric sleeve about 5 months ago just wondering if anyone else uses this app and how may calories, carbs, protein..etc. you set for yourself..thanks in advance for any help!
    Kaci

I have just set up goals for calories - 900, and liquid intake at least 64 oz's. My program doesn't look at the other info (they don't even count calories, but I do) - if your only eating 16 oz's of food a day, they believe that your not going to have bad nutrients, of course you can't eat unhealthy, even eating that little!
    Program recommends Baritastic app but I favor MyFitnessPal.

• rmalikone7115
    Options
    klwatts568 wrote: »
    Hello! I am new to myfitnesspal! I have had the gastric sleeve about 5 months ago just wondering if anyone else uses this app and how may calories, carbs, protein..etc. you set for yourself..thanks in advance for any help!
    Kaci

I have just set up goals for calories - 900, and liquid intake at least 64 oz's. My program doesn't look at the other info (they don't even count calories, but I do) - if your only eating 16 oz's of food a day, they believe that your not going to have bad nutrients, of course you can't eat unhealthy, even eating that little!
    Program recommends Baritastic app but I favor MyFitnessPal.

Sorry forgot to mention how I do it - I drink a high protein shake for breakfast, lunch is 3 oz protein, 2 oz vegetable and 1 oz healthy carb - same for dinner. Sometimes I won't have the vegetable or carb in a meal as I may have made a recipe that combines stuff but will either lack the veg or carb. Today made healthy eggroll bowl and I don't have a carb in it but for the wife I've wonton strips for her.