My Small NSV!!!

Options
I have a terrible time staying on the wagon. Apparently, I like to stand up and then fall right off!

So a couple weeks ago, I walked around 9 miles through the week. Then I thought, "Hey, I did good, let's take a day off!" Then it rained a lot, then it got really humid, then I had a weekend off work and was eating bad food and being lazy, then work started... You get the idea.

Well, today I walked 5.8 miles after I got out of work!! That's almost twice what I've been doing (3.2) and kept a pretty steady pace through the whole thing! It took me an hour and 47 minutes, and I didn't go faster than 18 minute miles, but I did almost 6 miles, and didn't give in and call for a ride. (I live in the boonies, so there is no short cut once I decide on a route, except admitting defeat and calling for a ride home.)

I have no idea how I'll feel tomorrow, and I'm sure I won't do this route every single day, but I know I can now! :)

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Walking your way to a healthy new you...AWESOME!
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area too so I know what you mean, except I have no one to call so I do have to be careful how far I go! I have friends that live about 9 km. away and they would come and get me if I was in distress, but otherwise I just have to either find a place I can rest (and there's not much opportunity for that) or keep going! Good for you - hope you're not too sore.
  • VivereDisce
    Options
    I am pretty sore today, but I also worked last night which was probably bad timing for the walk on my part haha. I still feel good about it though! Going to take a rest day today and see how I feel tomorrow! :)
  • mikeatmichael
    mikeatmichael Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Instead of a rest day make today an easy day. It works so much better if you just exercise every day. They don't all have to be hard the point is to get out and do something. Otherwise that day off stretches in to two or three or four or .... Also, if you're sore a little walking today will help work it out.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Well done! You did it. :smile:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    nice! :flowerforyou:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    That is how I got going.
    Walking the weight off.
    It is awesome what walking can do for you.
    And you are right you walk so far and you have to walk back!
    IT WORKS
    Well done!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Hey, that is GREAT!! Isn't it funny how "healthy" things like walking can happen once you put the first foot in front of the other??

YIPPEE!!

And I understand about calling. When I first started riding my bike, I would get so far and call my husband to come get my because I was too tired to make it back. Of course, we would stop at B-Bops after the ride cuz I was hungry. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!