Bread?!

Options
Does anyone have suggestions for low cal, "clean" bread options?? I love sandwhiches, but had giving 200 calories towards 2 slices of bread. I prefer to buy organic and GMO free. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Replies

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel has a bread which I really like. I can't recall the calories etc, but it strikes me as low, but is also filling. That or go for open sandwiches.
  • coffeen14
    coffeen14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how much nutritional value this bread has but Aunt Millie has 3 types of 35 calorie a slice bread I sometimes get at walmart. It's like $3 a loaf and is basically like eating cardboard lol but you get the sandwich feel
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love sandwiches too, but usually I'll make mine with all the filing and half the bread - just cut one slice in half, stack up all the goodies between the halves and dig in. Choose whatever kind of bread you like best and just use one slice.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel has a bread which I really like. I can't recall the calories etc, but it strikes me as low, but is also filling. That or go for open sandwiches.

It's 80 calories a slice, I believe. I really like it too -- I find it very tasty and satisfying.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    English muffins or the sandwich thins.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Bread (at least real bread, not "bread") will have quite a lot of calories because it was invented as a means of getting enough calories, but you could try eating one slice instead of two and cut the calories in half? What do you mean by "clean"? I'm sure there are plenty options labeled "organic" and "GMO free".
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I use Sandwich Thins. I buy the Kroger brand and they're only 90 calories. I bought another brand before that was 100 calories. They're pretty good. Nature's Own makes a honey wheat that is 120 calories or so for two slices. I typically buy bread that has a serving listed as 2 slices. I've found the breads that are advertised as 35 or 45 calories just don't have very much to them.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I like Joseph's mini pita pockets they are 50 calories and have flax, oat bran and whole wheat. Though they are a P.I.T.A to cut. .( see what i did there? :wink: )