Hello from Alaska...starting the Venus Factor Index (VI)

Options
maddmaddie
maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
Any other Venus Alaskans?

Hello! I'm somewhat of a newbie. I actually purchased the Venus Factor program back in 2013! (...kinda embarrassing it was so long ago). I tried it out for 2 months and it worked, I lost 10+ lbs but I was going through the LPN nursing program and fell off the wagon. I just had too much going on and I wasn't in the right mindset to continue.

Now, I have completed the LPN to RN program, I recently passed my NCLEX-RN test and I am FINALLY a Registered Nurse. I am done studying, but its like I have a void in my life now that I don't have anything to study. Which is why I think this is the perfect time to focus on VI because I don't have any distractions and major stressors in my life. I am ready!

I am on week 1 and I've lost 3 lbs since Monday. So far, its has been an easy transition back into the Venus program probably because I've attempted this before. I just had to flip that mental switch, I had to make that decision that I'm in it, I'm doing it, there are no more excuses now, I am done with school, I am ready to get healthy and get the body that I've always wanted, it can be done!

Are there any Venus factor girls interested in a texting buddy??? Let me know! I know myself, and I know I will be strong at first, but I might slip later, so it would be great to have people to motivate each other and keep each other on track.

Height: 5'4"

VI Start
Weight: 193 lbs
Shoulders: 46 inches
Waist: 36 inches
Hips: 45.5 inches

VI Goal
Goal weight: 111 - 135 (Goal: 150 lbs by January 2017. 40 lbs total)
Shoulders: 39.5
Waist: 25 inches
Hips: 35-38

Currently:
Weight: 190

Maintenance Calories: 1700
Daily Caloric intake: 700-1000
Protein Take: 75 grams

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Instead of undereating knowing that will make you slip, why not go with the calorie goal MFP gives you, log accurately, and have a fair chance of success?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,218 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    JustSomeEm
This discussion has been closed.