58 lbs down - Diabetic Success

Options
2»

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing!!! How far into your loss did you start to see changes with numbers?

Anyone have any suggestion on getting random insulin down?

A1c is normal now. Cut out sugar flour etc. Starchy vegetables. In May dropped 34 pounds. Random insulin still 288 no change.
  • melisha0214
    melisha0214 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I actually started seeing a change after about 25 lbs lost and 2-3 weeks after my diagnosis. My carbs pretty much come from veggies and some fruit, but I slip sometimes as well. I've been really bad this weekend as we have company, but I just have to take it as a new day tomorrow and keep trucking
  • RiRi1588
    RiRi1588 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your post is so inspiring, my doctor just told me that I am pre-diabetic and it scared the **** outta me! Can I ask what you would eat in a normal day? I really need to lose weight and get myself healthy, just need some guidance...thank you :)
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is freakin awesome. Go you!
  • SassyRN_77
    SassyRN_77 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!! Congrats on your weight loss and for taking control of your health :)
  • Katrina2778
    Katrina2778 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the great work!
  • Kjo9111
    Kjo9111 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! So proud of you! Keep up the good work! I have diabetics in my family and it is hereditary in my case. I am not diabetic, but I am pre-diabetic, insulin resistance, and have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), so I am on metformin and since I've been gaining weight my Dr upped my metformin intake and right now my weight is flucuating, but it's only been a couple weeks since she upped it..I hope that someday soon my body will let me win this war and let me loose more. So far I've lost 9 pounds since June 7th, and have been working out 3-4 times a week and on top of working out, I've been trying to walk 1-2 miles a day. Again, Congratulations to you, this is an inspiration for me!
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing. I was just diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic and I used to do bootcamp workouts but slacked off after I had my daughter two years ago. I hope if I can get back into exercise I can come off my medication.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!