Do you eat for!!

2»

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Both. I don't eat anything I don't like, but I have a decent mix of "healthy" and "less than ideal" foods and it all gets tracked.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I was wondering do you eat foods that are healthy or foods you like just track them. I've been eating strictly for health and hate most foods I'm eating but I eat them because there healthy.

Thanks

What do you consider "healthy"? Too many people think "healthy" means flavorless, bland, and boring...nothing could be further from the truth. Also, when you're talking about "healthy" and nutrition in general you have to put things into the context of the whole of your diet...again, too many people get wrapped up in individual food items or meals.

My diet overall is pretty healthy...again, not boring. The other night I grilled steaks and we ate that with a baked potato and side of sauteed vegetables...delicious and healthy. Last night I grilled salmon filets and served that with sweet potato and an Asian inspired braised broccoli...healthy and delicious. Today for lunch I'm going to my favorite taco stand...delicious and healthy. Last Tuesday the family went out for pizza as it was my youngest kiddos birthday...not the most nutritious choice in the world but in the context of my diet as a whole, it was pretty irrelevant.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Life is short, and I am not going to spend any more time doing things I SHOULD do rather than things I enjoy. Fortunately in the food department, for the most part, the foods I like ARE healthy, in that they provide sufficient nutrition for me that I am not suffering from rickets or other nutritionally based illnesses!

An eating plan that consists of things I dont like is not sustainable for me, would very quickly frustrate me and cause me to binge and ultimately fail in my weight loss efforts.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I eat nutritious and not so nutritious foods.
    If I want a chocolate bar and it fits my calories, I'll have one.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Yes, I focus on eating a healthful diet and also eat only foods I like. I don't see the two as opposed at all.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    In general I've been following a diabetic-friendly diet. My A1C is great, there's no health reasons for me to follow this diet of sorts other than it's been working for me so I stick with it.

This means I generally avoid super sweet or carby things. Whenever I do try to sneak in a chocolate bar or similar, I'm always waaaaay hungrier shortly thereafter. I'll splurge on occasion -- no one needs a life without cupcakes -- but for the most part I'm going to avoid it.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Both