Getting Discouraged

Options
Ok I am trying to figure out why i havent been shedding the pounds. I looked on my progress report and yeah I lost some but I have been doing fairly good but seem to not be seeing what I was hoping to. Just a bit down. I know that I am doing the right stuff so i am not going to give up on that. I guess I just gotta figure out where I am going wrong and get my focus back.

Just had to share.
Linda

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Don't get discourage I don't know how long you been on your plan but I got discourage on the 15th of June and haven't exercise since. I was busting my butt stepped on the scale and it didn't move. Then I did some research that said when you start a new way of eating (healthy) you have to be patience bc your body doesn't trust you. It is holding on to fat but once it trust you it will let go and the weight will start to come off give it at least 8 weeks.................
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I took a peek at your diary and noticed you are going over your fat several days and there is fast food..Fast food has a lot of salt..maybe you need to increase the water and scale back the fast food a little? Hope that helps :-)
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You've been on for 13 months now, so you have figured out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight.
    Try reducing your calories 100 calories less. This is not a huge amount, will not take you below 1200 calories, and might be what you need to help lose more weight.

Are you drinking lots of water and keeping sodium amounts fairly low? Here is a site that discusses sodium intake and how to lower it: http://www.annecollins.com/sodium-diet-advice.htm.

You have lowered your weight by 9 lbs. Any loss is a positive. :drinker: (water)
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Sometimes it takes some fiddling and experimenting to see what is and isn't good for us, our particular metabolism.

Hope you don't mind, I skimmed through your diary, and there were to me some standouts that for ME (but you're not me) would be bad (I mean I've figured it by experimentation.for me).

You seem to me to eat a lot of burgers and pizzas which I tend to think of as nutritionally not particularly great meals. Like, I'd think of them as "not often" compared with say fresh vegetables, but again just me. A quick scan, they kept catching my eye, a bit disproportionately to say meals heavy in fresh veges.

The other stand out is rice. For me that proved to be something that I needed to reduce greatly (I still have a tiny portion under say veges, but very little, and brown not white). And I've quizzed really lean (say 8% body fat) guys at my gym, and every single one of them remarked on rice being bad for them (a couple are Indian guys so that would have been an interesting discovery for them).

I'm not saying you should suddenly eliminate that food, your metabolism may be totally different. But I'd try experimenting a bit.
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    thank you all for your input!!!! yes it does make much more sense. I guess I got thrown off by the fact that I was almost meeting my goals each day but yes it does make sense that much of those calories are empty. I also think that the rice may be hurting me more than helping. I gotta expand my culinary skills!

linda