Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I like big thick sausages, the skinny chipolattas don't do it for me

So I just have the one

I'll have to admit that I too can only have one sausage. I would be too filled up with two. I'd be splitting at the seems. I can't imagine the people who can have three or four sausages per day and not be wrecked.

It's a job but someone has to do it!

I bet! How do your guts feel after all that sausage? Pork gives some people the trots !
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks to hubby's influence I am rather fond of Hungarian sausage. It's salty, dry, and fatty.

I suggest you go to the deli counter and try a wide variety, thin sliced. Thin slices will be lower calorie no matter what.

If you are worried about Sulphates try a roasted turkey or chicken breast. They will be lower in fat, too.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Do not hide the sausage
  • baciodolce18
    baciodolce18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Hard to interpret your sigh. There's a lot of great suggestions in here. I'm making a list and going shopping soon to try some of these out.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love Chorizo with eggs but I'm not sure if it's low in fat and calories but it's so good
  • baciodolce18
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    *sigh*

Hard to interpret your sigh. There's a lot of great suggestions in here. I'm making a list and going shopping soon to try some of these out.

There are yes. Thankfully.

I don't know why I'm surprised about the other responses. Except I suppose I hadn't yet seen a thread go in that direction here.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Dude, that is an AWESOME cutting board!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    I like big thick sausages, the skinny chipolattas don't do it for me

So I just have the one

I'll have to admit that I too can only have one sausage. I would be too filled up with two. I'd be splitting at the seems. I can't imagine the people who can have three or four sausages per day and not be wrecked.

You just need to portion your sausage better. May I suggest this cutting board?
    lionel-richie-cutting-board.jpg

@zoeysasha37 this ones for you
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I must have this cutting board!!
    *Searching Amazon now!* Yay!
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    I'm the official owner of a Lionel cutting board! Time to start slicing sausages! ( While wearing my Lionel T-shirt obviously!)
    @Sued0nim @bpetrosky
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I will throw a crazy one out at you. I don't know where you live but I'm in New Jersey and ShopRite supermarket has a seafood sausage. It's a blend of tilapia shrimp scampi crab and some other fish. Really taste good it surprised me the first time I had it.

Maybe your local supermarket has the equivalent of it
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Just two words: "Sheboygan Brat"
    y5egqk2thmxt.jpg
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Just two words: "Sheboygan Brat"
    y5egqk2thmxt.jpg

That is an impressive sausage party!

• baciodolce18
    Options
    I will throw a crazy one out at you. I don't know where you live but I'm in New Jersey and ShopRite supermarket has a seafood sausage. It's a blend of tilapia shrimp scampi crab and some other fish. Really taste good it surprised me the first time I had it.

Maybe your local supermarket has the equivalent of it

I'm also in NJ- I'll check my local Shoprite. That sounds weird, but I love seafood, so I'd be willing to try it.