How to Cut Fat in Lower Back

Options
Hi everybody! I am looking to gain some insight on how to strengthen and tone my lower back. As of now my abdominals seem to be in good shape, but for whatever reason my fat storage seems to be on my sides and lower back. I know cardio is something that I can do to help burn fat in general, along with a caloric deficit, but I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts about cutting some fat in this particular area. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce.
  • 1nprgr3s
    1nprgr3s Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Liposuction maybe...
    But seriously, our genes determine where we hold fat, to lose it we just have to keep at it and lose fat where ever our bodies decide to let it go from.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    rgharwood wrote: »
    Hi everybody! I am looking to gain some insight on how to strengthen and tone my lower back. As of now my abdominals seem to be in good shape, but for whatever reason my fat storage seems to be on my sides and lower back. I know cardio is something that I can do to help burn fat in general, along with a caloric deficit, but I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts about cutting some fat in this particular area. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Cardio doesn't "burn" fat the way people think. Cardio exercise burns CALORIES. It helps to create a calorie deficit. Being in a constant calorie deficit is what helps to burn fat.
    And where you hold fat is based on genetics. There are no diets or exercises you can do to target losing fat on any part of the body.
    So patience and calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png