Looking for more strength and size

Options
Hey all,

I've always been active either swimming, riding or running. In the last 5 years I have participated in quite a few triathlons including long endurance races like the Ironman. Recently I've lost all motivation to train - I think I burnt myself out and need a new challenge!

I have new aspirations to get bigger, stronger and more aesthetically pleasing (to me). I have tried lifting weights many years ago but never got the results I wanted and gave up. I have now learnt that I was not eating enough so here I am on MFP trying to keep track on the calories I need to build muscle while keeping that belly fat in check!

I've been on MFP since May but this is the first time I posted here. I'm a 36 year old male looking to build muscle. I am 168 cm (5'6") tall weighing in at 61 kg (134 lb) (gained 5 kg / 10 lb since I started).

Anyway that's me! Feel free to add me :smile:

Good luck to everyone trying to achieve their goals!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Building muscle requires : progressive overload training, calorie surplus, and enough protein to support growth. Those are the basics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • vperspective
    vperspective Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Hopefully I have the basics covered, just need to stick to the plan! Thanks :)