Pokemon Go

Options
earthnut
earthnut Posts: 216 Member
Anyone else using Pokemon Go to get out the door? And keep going to get to the next pokestop / search the leaves! :)

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have been playing Ingress (also from Niantic Labs) for three years now and when out for a ingress run this morning. Most of the ingress portals are also Poke stops and gyms too. You don't have to stare at your phone the whole time to play ingress. It got me into running and lost 50 pounds.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I have been playing Ingress (also from Niantic Labs) for three years now and when out for a ingress run this morning. Most of the ingress portals are also Poke stops and gyms too. You don't have to stare at your phone the whole time to play ingress. It got me into running and lost 50 pounds.

I'm in the same boat. I've been playing Ingress since the Beta Invites went out. And to be honest. It's a much better game. I prefer it 10:1 over Pokemon but understand why the average of people like Pokemon better.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Because of pokemon go, I found out about ingress, and am getting into geocaching too. I wish I had known about ingress when it came out. Daughter is bouncing out the door to go find boxes, and pokemon on the way. :) I'm learning about pokemon, never played with the cards.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I really enjoying playing except the egg hatching doesn't seem to always track correctly. I went for a five mile bike ride (about 8km) and my 5 km egg only registered 1.5 km. :(
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I really enjoying playing except the egg hatching doesn't seem to always track correctly. I went for a five mile bike ride (about 8km) and my 5 km egg only registered 1.5 km. :(

If similar to Ingress they have a speed lock on it to discourage play while driving. I play Ingress while running and on bicycle but only my walking miles count toward my milage badge.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

The rumor mill puts the speed limit at 9 miles/hour if you want your movement to count towards egg hatching. If you bike or drive faster than that then it won't count.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

The rumor mill puts the speed limit at 9 miles/hour if you want your movement to count towards egg hatching. If you bike or drive faster than that then it won't count.

12 mph
    quora reported the limit was 20kmh