only breakfast over 50% of my carbs??

Options
Hi folks! I'm having trouble understanding the macros. I'm sorry ahead of time if this is a stupid question I'm still a myfitnesspal newbie..
Whenever I put in my breakfast it will say something like 52% or 54% carbs when I am only supposed to be at 50% yet according to my nutrients I have more carbs I can eat...
Sometimes even after a day it will still say that even if I didn't go over my carbs.. why is that? Should I be eating less carbs? Or is it supposed to switch around once I put more meals in??
For example for breakfast I had a smoothie bowl which was a light & fit yogurt , a small banana, blue berries, a tbs PB and a bit of protein powder and soy milk.
Which myfitnesspal says is over 50% carbs? That meal or for the day?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Look at grams -- total grams for your goal vs. what you've eaten so far.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This has nothing to with MFP, but everything to do with percentage. It just means that at the time of breakfast, your intake were at 52% carbs. Many traditional breakfasts are "carb heavy", but it evens out through the day, if dinner is more centered around protein and fat. Tracking macros can help you steer towards a balanced diet, but hitting your calories is by far the most important factor.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It's just telling you the percentage of macros for that meal. When you add lunch, dinner and snacks that ratio will change depending on what else you eat during the day.