Blood tests

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Maybe we could somewhat have an idea if you knew exactly what value is off and what the number is as "kidney is borderline" is very vague
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op- I would wait for the new test before jumping to conclusions.
    If your really uneasy about this, maybe call your doctor on Monday and ask to come in so you can get more info as to what was" borderline" and why that could've happened.
    As you can see, you'll get many opinions online as to what May be wrong. Some will be qualified to give their opinions and others not so much. Take it with a grain of salt and see your doctor Monday if this is upsetting you. But without more info, it's almost impossible to guess.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    The doctor could have found the first signs of kidney disease. Stage 1 still has relatively normal function, but other signs that could point to disease, which is why more blood testing is required. Though, like the others said, without more input from the doctor there's no way to confirm that.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Diary is still closed. Curious how anyone could eat that much protein in one day though. I would pay to see.
  • callumwalker1995
    callumwalker1995 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    The doctor could have found the first signs of kidney disease. Stage 1 still has relatively normal function, but other signs that could point to disease, which is why more blood testing is required. Though, like the others said, without more input from the doctor there's no way to confirm that.

Thanks for making me worry even more with the 'kidney disease' thing, appreciate it

• callumwalker1995
    Options
    My diary is public now I changed the wrong settings
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    Diary is still closed. Curious how anyone could eat that much protein in one day though. I would pay to see.

How much? It's open if you fancy a gander

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @callumwalker1995 There is another setting which requires a "key" to unlock your diary. Many people whose doctors are interested in their food diaries use that setting, providing the doctor with the key. It makes it easier to have a meaningful discussion about whether your macros are affecting your lab tests or not, and you don't have to print anything out...
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Went for some blood tests, the kidney test came back as "borderline" and needs to be redone. Can anyone shed any light on what might be wrong with me?
    xvolution wrote: »

Thanks for making me worry even more with the 'kidney disease' thing, appreciate it
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I would call the doc's office back and explain that the test results have made you very anxious and you just want to understand what the extra tests are and what it's going to tell you.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Are you using any pre-workouts that may contain creatine? Some protein shakes can also contain it. It's not a bad thing, I like the fact that my pre-workout contains it so I don't have to supplement with it otherwise. But it can screw up your blood tests because creatine levels is one thing they look for when judging kidney function. Just a thought.

Here's another discussion about it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110395511
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    also when taking a acid reducer it can effect creatine levels on a test also,that happened to me. some illnesses like epstein barr virus can cause unusual liver function tests, happened to me. I had no idea I had EBV. talk to your dr as a lot of things can cause kidney tests to be off and if you arent on or taking any meds as them a lot of questions
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    the blood test came back with high creatinine levels which the doc said was a consequence of my lengthy training, low body fat and muscle as well as high protein but generally said it's nothing to worry about
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Not sure why you are so stuck on the 210g of protein - I'm female and eat around 150g of protein per day - no big deal....
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »

Not sure why you are so stuck on the 210g of protein - I'm female and eat around 150g of protein per day - no big deal....

finally someone who can't see the big deal
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

It's a lot, but it is not completely crazy-ridiculous given gender/size/training.

However, if you have any form of kidney disease, you should know that eating excessive animal protein will speed up the progression of the disease.

Did your doctor do a full renal panel?

If you have either diabetes or high blood pressure, you should be more concerned about the risks for kidney disease...if either is the case, it would not be a terrible idea to consult with a nephrologist. There are genetic diseases that can cause kidney disease (like PKD) and sometimes it just happens for no real reason at all. It's important to know for sure what is going on because in the unlikely event that there is something wrong with your kidneys, there are things that you can do to extend their life.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    A lot of my kidney and liver tests came back abnormal range but my doctor wasn't even concerned about them...weird. And they indicate kidney failure lol.
  • callumwalker1995
    Options

It's a lot, but it is not completely crazy-ridiculous given gender/size/training.

However, if you have any form of kidney disease, you should know that eating excessive animal protein will speed up the progression of the disease.

Did your doctor do a full renal panel?

If you have either diabetes or high blood pressure, you should be more concerned about the risks for kidney disease...if either is the case, it would not be a terrible idea to consult with a nephrologist. There are genetic diseases that can cause kidney disease (like PKD) and sometimes it just happens for no real reason at all. It's important to know for sure what is going on because in the unlikely event that there is something wrong with your kidneys, there are things that you can do to extend their life.

don't have diabetes and my blood pressure was perfect
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    actually I've been searching on the internet and apparently the normal creatinine levels for an adult male is between 97 and 137, mine was 114, why did the doctors say this was high? they said normal was 97-110 but internet sources suggest the latter number should be higher for normal
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor why they said it was high then. None of use can answer that, only your doctor can.