New to the weight loss journey

Options
Hello, I am trying to loose 100 lbs and am looking for friends and people that have similar goals... I have lost 15 lbs in 7 weeks and hope to keep my momentum up.

Replies

• AliciaC100
    AliciaC100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new here but not new to trying to lose weight. I've got 104 to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • sophiangelle
    sophiangelle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • masterLyrics
    masterLyrics Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I'm here to tell you that your diet is the big part 70% so that means you have to give it one hundred percent to be able to drop the weight and the rest is working out you ladies can add me for motivation if you would like
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bethany &
    @AliciaC100
    @sophiangelle

Keeping the momentum up is is easy if you PLAN plan everything , some of the best advice I've picked up on here and you'll see the same on every thread is this :smile:

Buy a set of scales , weigh everything you put in your mouth in grams not cups tablespoons etc don't guess & by everything i mean lettuce fruit not water lol , also don't believe the back of packets it can say 50 grams & weigh 54 grams which adds up over a week .

Water - drink more than you thought you ever could 2 liters a day or 8 glasses more when you exercise .

Plan your food for the day don't be caught out somewhere with no healthy foods on hand this will just make you crazy hungry or cave and eat rubbish .

Exercise - some on here do some don't , for me i do but I started slowly ,at home then the gym - find something you like walking water aerobics gym classes whatever even do little bits at home to start there are some awesome utube workouts for beginners

CICO - It works calories in calories out work with the math let MFP set your daily allowance and follow it see how you go . Log everything no matter :smile:
    Oh and don't be to hard on yourself , it took ages to put the weight on be patient taking it off .
    cheers
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm fairly new and welcome any new friends along the way!