Should I add liquid calories to my Food Diary?

Options
How do you guys deal with liquid calories? Do you record them or add them into "Food Diary"?

I am just starting my weight loss journey I lost 30lbs so and got 60 more to go. Any tips, suggestions, feedback or comments welcome.

When I add my diet in addition to the food, snacks, and water. I also drink half the water with some sort of flavor like crystal light or green tea mix.

Some examples?

Each packet of dry drink mix I mixed with 16.0 fl. oz. of water 5 calories 3 or 4 a day (20 calories)
or
AriZona Green Tea with Ginseng Sugar Free Iced Tea in can 70 calories - 2 servings (140 calories)

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Put another way, your question is: Do I log calories consumed?
    Answer: Yes.

Question: Even if the calories are not consumed in solid form?
    Answer: Yes.

Question: But what if the calories are consumed, but not swallowed (examples: gum, hard candy)?
    Answer: Yes, you should log all calories consumed.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Yes. I drink some crystal light, coffee, drinks with a Splenda packet (4 cals each). It keeps me honest, and some days they'll add up to as much as 50-100 cals worth!

It may not have much of an impact if your deficit is larger though.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, log them. It all counts. Log added things, like sugar or cream added to tea/coffee, etc. Marshmallows to hot chocolate; tapioca in bubble tea. Log it all. :-)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes. Of course. Absolutely.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, add it in. Liquid calories are the same as solid calories. Why wouldn't you count them?

Yep
  • Dreamer_Aly
    Dreamer_Aly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yup, add everything!
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone for taking the time !!! :) that makes perfect sense