over sugar protien fat under cal

Options
blah2989
blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
anyone else having trouble with going over protien,sugars and fats yet staying under calories? ive only been on this site a few days but im trying to get the hang of it. ive been on an atkins type diet low carb except i allowed myself some fruits, startd june 7. but switched to calorie counting when i found mfp.

Replies

• kathdel2319
    Options
    Yes, I've had problems with protein, sugars and sodium. While I did okay with fats and cholesterol, my cholesterol still went up. About a month ago I studied the Mayo Clinic Diet and Dr. Ornish's Spectrum Diet and learned about their recommendations on the ratios of different food groups. It helped so much. I eat more food, stay under the limits and my calorie counts are low enough that some nights I have to look for good food to bring me up to the minimum. The weight's falling off faster too. I found their books at our library so it didn't cost a thing to try. P.S. Some of their guidelines seem strict but after the first 10 days food actually started tasting better to me than it has in years. Guess I had to retrain my taste buds but I'm really happy now.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    ill have to check out those books. i try to eat mostly veggies because meats put me over rly fast, but i did have oatmeal today and it filled me up. it was about half my cal for the day though. i get hungry if i eat mainly veggies so i was trying to eat grains in the morning but i had too much. thank you for the tip i think that will rly help me figure out what to eat.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Were you eating a pot of oatmeal? As far as I can tell, a cup of oatmeal (a normal serving) is under 200 calories.
    Maybe you added some dry fruit or a sweetener to it, so tops 500 cals.
    Worst case scenario at 500 cals, you're only eating 1000 cals a day?
    Is this net or gross?