Not sure what to do

I am having some really bad anxiety today. Woke up with a lot of sinus pressure in my face (cheek bone area) and I can feel a very bad bad headache coming on. Not to mention I am just feeling really really tired. I'm having trouble focusing on anything. Not sure if I should exercise today or not. Any suggestions on how I could snap myself out of this funk.

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Are you in funk or are you still experiencing the sinus pressure?
  • I would give myself a rest from exercise for the day.
    Take some ibuprofen for the headache, lots of water and a banana.
    As for the anxiety, maybe try to get a few minutes alone to try and clear your head.

Hope you're feeling better soon. :)
  • ashowers36
    ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
    a little of both. I can still feel the sinus pressure a little bit plus my neck is starting to stiffen up a little (could be because I sit a a desk typing all day for work). I think the funk is from the tiredness. I don't want to take anything caffeine related to wake me up because that will aggravate my anxiety even more. I already feel on edge and a little off from it.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Exercise should help for anxiety, but sounds like a bit more than that with the sinus pressure. Do you have anywhere to go? I'd say relax. Maybe watch a movie or do something that makes you happy.
  • ashowers36
    Okay maybe I will just take a little rest when I get out of work and see how I feel. The anxiety flare up is usually a sign of a nasty headache, possibly migraine, coming on. I just wanted to ask and get some opinions because I was worried that if I skipped today I would be reinforcing my bad habit of falling of the exercise wagon just because I don't feel good/or feel like it. I suffer from depression too so I just really needed some guidance. Thanks.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    I hope you feel better!! You can exercise tomorrow. Tell yourself "I can do it!" Stay in your calorie range and no damage done. It's better than making it worse.

At least when you're feeling better those feel good endorphins can help with the depression.

My boyfriend takes medication for anxiety. I tend to have anxiety flare ups but he had me try his meds once and they don't work for me!! I actually feel worse. Usually just workouts help me out.
  • ashowers36
    You should never take anyone else's meds. Especially the kind prescribed for depression and anxiety. I was on Paxil from spring of 2009 to spring of 2010. It helped a lot with the anxiety. However it caused the depression as well when the weight gain happened. I had never weighed more than 98-100 lbs. After being on it for only 6 months I weighed 117lbs. It got worse until I made up my mind to get off it and beat this without meds. I am doing pretty good really it is just bad because I have a lot of stress going on right now that seems a little overwhelming. Anyways by the time I got off the meds I weighed 138 lbs! (I am only 4'10" so that is a lot of weight to pack on). Any who the point of my whole rant here is that those meds are prescribed based on the persons level of need and their weight since there are different size dosages for those of different weights. You could do some real damage if your not careful.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Step 1: Go to the gym saying, "Oh, I don't feel well. I'm only going to get on the elliptical for 10 minutes and go. I'll just warm up a little first and do some stretching."

Step 2: Man, those jumping jacks were really easy. I'm all limbered up too. Maybe instead of just laying here on this mat I could roll over and do a few pushups...then maybe do a little ab work.

Step 3: Wow, glad I did those scissor kicks. Somehow it cleared out my sinuses and my headache is gone. Time to go up and do those 10 minutes on the ellipti...hey are those kettlebells that guy is using? Let me just pick up a lighter one and emulate what he's doing.

Step 4: Gee, that was nice of him to show my all those new kettlebell moves! I totally feel like I could take on the world! WTH was I thinking before? I'm totally rockin' it in the gym today! Psht, heck with the elliptical. That girl is going to a zumba class. I'm totally on it! GONNA SHAKE MY TAIL FEATHERS! WOO HOO!

Step 5: Shower