So, how crazy do you go on cheat days?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I wasn't cheating, but I was vacationing. I logged 3776 calories yesterday but the dinner steak was 10 oz rather than the 6 oz in the database. Probably under 4000.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't plan cheat days, but they sometimes happen. So far, I have only gone way over once; otherwise, I stay quite tight to my goals. One of the things I've learned to do is enjoy the tiny snack. If you let them, they can be a delight, with humor. For example, I occasionally have an ice cream sundae with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and pecan bits. The bowl itself is a very tiny one used to serve 5-6 nuts. I even use an itty-bitty demitasse spoon to eat the sundae, so that I get several spoons-full. :D I smile through the whole thing!
  • bracey100
    bracey100 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    all u can eat Chinese buffet totally forgetting about the diet
  • allaboutthemshrugs
    allaboutthemshrugs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been through many phases of the "cheating on diet" from the everyday cheat day, the once a day cheat meal, the once a week cheat meal, to telling myself I won't cheat at all...

For me personally I found that the leanest I got and the best shape I was in, I didn't have specific cheat meals or days, and I didn't really diet, I ate mostly whatever I wanted but I portioned it all. When it comes to food moderation is a huge issue for me (I'm a retired MMA fighter) and having to make weight all the time for fights I learned how to balloon up between fights then cut when I was in fight camp. But getting tired of that miserable time cutting, I started just eating cleaner and portioning everything. I got down to about 8/9% body fat. My strength and my cardio were still intact but I was lean. Unfortunatly surgery on my elbow gave me time off and an excuse to eat everything.

So I don't know my exact calorie amount but I would say at my worst I probbaly could crush 10-12,000 calories in a day. Not good, not good at all.