Weight Loss and Exercise Reseach

Options
This is a very interesting video clip and I wonder what others think of it. http://www.themindvoyager.com/science-exercise-isnt-best-way-lose-weight/

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Pretty much already knew this, yes exercise doesn't make you lose weight. Burning more calories than you eat makes you lose weight. The rest is our choice. If we go to the gym for an hour it's our choice whether to eat a pizza afterwards or not, they made it sound like everyone will eat the pizza afterwards, or that everyone does exercise at the gym. I've never been to the gym but still get exercise.
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I watched the video. I can't argue with them that they're wrong, but experts have been saying for years that cardio, strength training and diet are all important and that none of them should be left out. I hope that when people watch it that they don't think they should avoid vigorous exercise only focus on their diet. They should keep exercising, but also take their diet seriously.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think the video is pretty clear that one should exercise for their general health. They said it was second only to stopping smoking for the best thing to do for health. But it will put the burden on food choices more intensely, I think. Even making good food choices is not enough. Practicing good portion control is going to be key.