Eat 100% clean for 7 days!

Options
Just set up an Eat Clean challenge over in the group forum, if anyone is interested!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1042800-eat-100-clean-for-7-days

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose, if I may ask?
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Can I eat natural chemicals? Like aflatoxins, ochratoxin A, ergot alkaloids, fumonisins, patulin, trichothecenes (such as deoxynivalenol which is also known as vomitoxin) and zearalenone?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    does 72% dark chocolate, protein added skim milk, peanut butter with soy protein added, and canned meat count as clean? if so, count me in...

Oh wait, do all my fruits and veggies have to be organic? crap, I may be out even assuming the first stipulations.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Exactly how does one eat 100% clean??

Can you provide a sample meal plan?
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I'll start the rebound group "7 Day Binge" for after!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Oh good, more people focusing on the wrong things and who will eventually wonder why they're not losing weight. Have fun!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am not even trying to be snarky. Just want to know the purpose behind doing something like that for 7 days.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh good, more people focusing on the wrong things and who will eventually wonder why they're not losing weight. Have fun!
    yup.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I am not even trying to be snarky. Just want to know the purpose behind doing something like that for 7 days.

I don't even believe its achievable. I would really like to know what OP plans to eat for the next 7 days.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I just went and looked at the rules, no chemicals. Looks like a 7 day fast to me.
  • HeatherBetsy
    HeatherBetsy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some people have different definitions to clean eating, but to me it means fresh, unprocessed produce.

But, to each their own! If you have a different version of 'clean eating' that you wish to commit to for one week then please do!

The point of this, for me personally, is to help me commit to 100% clean eating for one week. I eat clean 80-85% of the time and want to see if I can last a week!

For me it is as follows: Meat is fine, as long as it's not processed/ Fruit and veg are fine. Carbs for me would be wild/brown rice and sweet potato. No alcohol. No processed drinks. So only water, green tea etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15175-friendly-competition << Here's the link to the group.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just went and looked at the rules, no chemicals. Looks like a 7 day fast to me.

That would make sense as to why it's only for 7 days
  • Naomi_13
    Naomi_13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested in what is meant by 100% clean. Some examples or meal plans would be helpfully.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I think "no processed foods" for 7 days is a good idea. Then again, I think that's a good idea all days.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Some people have different definitions to clean eating, but to me it means fresh, unprocessed produce.

But, to each their own! If you have a different version of 'clean eating' that you wish to commit to for one week then please do!

The point of this, for me personally, is to help me commit to 100% clean eating for one week. I eat clean 80-85% of the time and want to see if I can last a week!

For me it is as follows: Meat is fine, as long as it's not processed/ Fruit and veg are fine. Carbs for me would be wild/brown rice and sweet potato. No alcohol. No processed drinks. So only water, green tea etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15175-friendly-competition << Here's the link to the group.

Why not just keep doing your 80/85% thing and enjoy eating some of the things you like? This approach comes dangerously close to turning food into something like a religion, rather than simply fuel and enjoyment. It's not like this site isn't loaded with plenty of us that are successfully enjoying our food and getting very fit in the process.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

But why make it a competition? maybe taking it slow will help you eat more of how you want because you are creating new habits. Making a competition out of it seems kind of like a quick fix thing versus just trying to find people who will "support" what you are doing for the long run.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Well that sounds doable, but you do realize that your definition of "processed" would actually preclude meat, right?
  • HeatherBetsy
    HeatherBetsy Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I don't understand how wanting to eliminate processed food from my diet is focusing on the wrong thing?

I will still get all the food elements, protein, carbs, sugar etc... Just from natural, unprocessed food. And I certainly won't be starving myself!
  • Frantotallyready
    Options
    There is no such thing as “clean" food.

There is no such thing as “dirty" food.

It’s science.

You can eat processed foods. You can drink all the diet soda you want. You can eat poptarts. You can eat pizza. You can eat snickers bars.

The key is to fit it in to your macronutrients. Make food work for you instead of cowering in fear like the mass majority. You can still enjoy the foods you love. Yes it’s in moderation. You can still even lose fat, eat at a caloric deficit, gain muscle mass and eat poptarts. I promise.

I wish everyone would stop the fear mongering with carbs, processed foods and paleo bull****.

This