Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TDEE QUESTION

13»

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    Ohferchrissake.

Don't listen to her:

38263215_3133_thumb.jpg

She is wrong. The End. I'm not going to argue with her, it takes too much energy . I'm just tired of her...make-believe world.

slide_278643_2065261_free.gif?1360082501754

Yeah I am tired of you too. Glad we are on the same wavelength.

abd whilst we are at it, what make-believe world is that then? My own weightloss works for me, therefore, I must be doing something right eh.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    The people that I've seen that can explain TDEE and have tried it have had success. I weigh and record everything and use a HRM, and MFP had me at around 1450 calories/day. I was barely losing, maybe 0.5lb every couple months with measurements going nowhere. I was so frustrated that I decided to switch to TDEE -20% (1850 calories/day) because of all the success stories I heard about that method. I started losing right away, and it's continued (except when I lift - because of the water/glycogen storage, I stay stagnant on weight but my measurements still decrease).

Sure, there are people that don't understand TDEE who spout off "eat more" because they've seen others say it, and they're parrots, but the majority of the people that give this advice and give tips on how to figure it and understand how it works, know what they're talking about.

That is because you are doing it correctly for you and that is excellent.

I didn't realise you were against the general sounding off "eat more" lol, I didn't mean to have a go at you seriously, I just get very concerned at some of the stuff on the forums lately and all I really would like is for people to lose weight as they wish. When you get the old habitual "eat more" though, it don't half get my goat lol.

No hard feelings, I mean no harm nor offence :flowerforyou:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    End thread. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

(I'm against anyone giving any advice that they don't understand themselves, such as those that just say "eat more" without knowing why just because that seems to be what others are saying. Usually if I don't quite understand what I'm talking about, I'll preface my statement with that. Then if I'm corrected by someone who does know, I can also learn with whoever was asking.)
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    For TDEE I set my exercise level to "little/none," and subtract 20%. This way, when I work out, I eat back my exercise calories.

I chose this route so that I didn't have to estimate my weekly activity, since it changes often due to my schedule.

That being said, my TDEE-20% is about 1680 calories.

TDEE aready calculates your potential calories burned through exercise so no need to eat back your cals.
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Yes, assuming that you were honest about your activity level when you calculated it.

For what it's worth, I'm a 5'8" 30-year-old woman who loses weight on 1700-1900 a day. I couldn't lose a pound when I dropped down to 1200-1400 while working out.

I'm just like her, I'm 30 5'8" and was losing maybe 2lbs every 4 weeks doing 1200-1400. I did my TDEE and it upped me to 1600-1800 and I'm losing close to 1.5-2lbs per week.