Do you log calories when you eat out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    We rarely eat out but tonight we went to Red Robin. I got the Avo-Cobb-O salad. I looked on their website and got the nutrition info. If it's a place that doesn't have that, I would look at each ingredient and log it separately. I logged the dressing separately. I don't douse my salad in dressing either, I dip my fork in the dressing, then the salad. I ended up only using 1/2 of the little cup they have be but I still logged the whole thing. I tried to over estimate in case portion were a little off.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm going to an all you can eat buffet today, so I'm totally guesstimating. These outings are so infrequent that I'm not that bothered if I've guessed wrong. If they were a regular thing i would put much more effort into getting the calories as close as possible . When we go out to a normal restaurant then i trawl websites and the entries on here until i find one that matches up.

Oh boy oh boy... I just got home from the buffet feeling like a stuffed pig, i logged 2400, but i'm thinking the dessert alone would have been 2000 calories!! Back on the horse tomorrow, it was worth every bite :relaxed:
  • xjessicaxrx
    xjessicaxrx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow some people put way too much effort into this for 1 meal! When I eat out (not very often) I dont log it, I Just Enjoy the food and get on with life haha