Gun to your head fast food choices

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    McDonalds - oatmeal and small coffee, meets all my dietary restrictions, plus only $3
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid fast food particularly, but when I do eat it I usually just get a kids meal. They're usually about 500 calories (obviously it varies but as a general rule) and it's an appropriate amount of food for me.

I also like to get a 300-cal breakfast burrito and a coffee from McDonalds when we're stopping for breakfast on road trips.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    In the same situation I would have gone to a Sainsbury's or Tesco express as there's always some near by and get a salad or sandwich. I never eat at a McDonalds etc and haven't in years.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can find a Subway just about anywhere in my area, so that's my go-to fast food. 6 inch turkey breast with pepper jack cheese, lots of veggies and no sauce. 320 calories. If I have extra calorie room I'll also get a bag of Baked Lay's. Water to drink.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My kids love McDonalds (mostly for the indoor playground), so we go every few months.

I usually get a Big Mac and a side salad, no dressing, no fries, diet coke. It's like ~600 calories. Doesn't kill my day, and every time I've tried the grilled chicken it was gross.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    McDonalds cheeseburger - 300 cal. Burger King - 270 cal. Wendy's = Jr Cheeseburger - 280 cal, grilled chicken go wrap - 270 cal. Any of those are fine for me, for a "have to have" meal. But generally I try to have a protein bar with me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

Arby's: medium vanilla shake - 470 calories, 1 scoop ON vanilla protein powder - 120 calories

@jemhh , you are a genius! I never thought of doing that, but I will from now on. Most places have some sort of vanilla shake or frostee type thing. Heck, I wonder if you could even just put it in your coffee?

My favorite is Burger King tendergrill chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato, no mayo, for 320 calories.

The protein milkshake is my guilty pleasure. Arby's has really really good shakes considering they come out of a machine. You just have to drink some of it first before adding the powder or else it all spills all over while you try to stir it in :)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Qdoba is my go-to, which I eat every few weeks when I'm really tired of bringing my lunch. My meal is around 750-800 calories (which is a lot, for my 1250 total), but it keeps me full forever. Chicken or Steak burrito bowl - good mix of protein and fat with a decent amount of fiber. And tasty! (You can do the same at Chipotle, but that place make me feel sick every time. No more.)

McDonalds - Egg McMuffin, 300 calories

Arby's plain roast beef sandwich - around 350

Chik-fil-a - grilled nuggets + dipping sauce. 8 nugs are like 160-180 calories (not including sauce). They have some decent options all around there.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I always go on the website and look at the options. Most places now have the nutritional facts and I can plan out my calories that way.

For Taco Bell, I usually get two hard tacos.
    For Wendy's, I usually get a side salad and 4 piece chicken nuggets to put on top with a light dressing or a grilled chicken wrap and a small chili.
    For Panera, I get a tomato+mozzarella or Mediterranean chicken flat bread and cup of black bean soup or a seasonal greens salad.
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with McDonald's southwest salad with grilled chicken. It's 350 calories and it is so flavorful I do not add any dressing. I just squeeze a little of the lime wedge on it and I'm set. If I just want something sweet the fruit/yogurt parfait is really good and only 150!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I figure if someone's got a gun to my head and demanding I eat fast food, (s)he's gonna off me, anyway.

As such, I'm gonna eat whatever I feel like at that moment.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell chicken cantina power bowl, no rice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If there was a Panda Express I'd get the beef broccoli and veggies, otherwise I'd probably go with Taco Bell fresco tacos too. I hate when that happens though... it just doesn't appeal to me at all, and I've skipped meals to avoid eating fast food in the past.

Tomorrow I have to go to Six Flags and we'll probably have lunch there and I'm looking at a tasteless cardboard salad... not too excited about it (because there's no way I'd waste calories on other crap there).
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends where I am. If I'm downtown.. Taste of Mediterranean chicken souvlaki sandwich for 480 calories or so. I do sometimes wonder if that includes that sauce they put on there, but the website doesn't specify so... I just go for it.

I have the Tim Horton's nutrition menu almost memorized though, so that would be easiest for me. Any of the grilled chicken wraps from McDonald's usually fits in well to my day and makes me relatively full.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If I'm out and hungry and want to grab something low calorie, I'll get a BK Junior Whopper, no cheese, no mayo, 240 calories, 10 grams of protein, 410 sodium (I have to watch my sodium and try to keep it around 1500 mg per day). If I need more protein, I usually get the Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken on a wheat bun for 320 calories, 30 protein and 800 sodium, or the Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Club, grilled, for 530 calories, 42 grams of protein, and 1260 sodium (I usually only get this when I've had little sodium that day).
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    I can't hear "gun to your head" without thinking of the current season of Orange is the New Black and then get grossed out but... :)

I don't really go to fast food places anymore (not because I don't like the food or can't fit it in my day but because I only used to eat out at lunch during work and now spend my hour walking) but when I did it was usually a grilled chicken filet and side salad at Burger King or Wendys. When I went to El Pollo Loco, I would get a small order of the chopped chicken with either a side salad or steamed vegetables.

I preferred to keep my lunches around 200 calories or else it would be a grilled chicken sandwich without dressing and a side salad.

I'd always bring my own dressing too to keep the sodium down a bit.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Mcd's The 12 grilled chicken sandwich ( I think they call it Artisan Chicken in the States). 400 cal with 30g of protein. Or a double cheeseburger at 420cal/24g of protein. WIth a diet coke and no fries.

More than my "normal" lunch, but only by 50-70cal. Can easily make room for that or go for a walk later to burn it.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Chipotle - burrito bowl, chicken or steak (or both, depending on my macros), rice/half rice (depending on macros), beans, veggies/peppers, no cheese or sour cream, guac (depending on macros).
    Panda express - teryaki chicken (double), half rice/half steamed veggies
    Chic fila - southwest wrap or salad, vinagrette dressing
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    salads or soup

or a grilled chicken sandwich
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BillMcKay1 wrote: »
    Mcd's The 12 grilled chicken sandwich ( I think they call it Artisan Chicken in the States). 400 cal with 30g of protein. Or a double cheeseburger at 420cal/24g of protein. WIth a diet coke and no fries.

More than my "normal" lunch, but only by 50-70cal. Can easily make room for that or go for a walk later to burn it.

I wish I could do that. I'm starving within 2 hours every time I have a McDonald's sandwich.