Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friends with 50lbs+ to lose

Replies

• Pattycake755
    Pattycake755 Posts: 59 Member
    Hello curvymegan89 and All, I just joined MFP on March 14, 2016 and I lost 40lbs. Prior to this, I lost 18lbs in exactly one whole year! I have lost more weight on MFP in 4 months than I did in a year on my own! Thus I have lost a total of 58lbs! Yay!!! But I have 72lbs to go! I believe in motivating and cheering my friends on! I make it a point to cheer my friends on with inspirational comments and "likes" everyday!

I have found that some people treat this community like Facebook, but I take great care in trying to be an inspiration and motivator for my fitness pals; however, some people do not reciprocate. I will be there for my pals and I want pals to motivate me when I need it. Anyone who wants to reciprocate is welcome to add me.

I will be making friend requests to you curvymegan89 and all of the other commenters that expressed an interest in having motivational friends. Look for @Pattycake755.

P.S. In case any of you are interested, I have written a few articles on my personal blog about my weight loss journey and my journey to wellness. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes March 2015 and with complications from diabetes March 2016 (neuropathy and retinopathy). My motivation: I could become cripple, go blind or die. I MUST eat right and lose weight to live and live a good quality of life.
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me!!
  • Jgommie
    Jgommie Posts: 36 Member
    I added you. I'm working on losing 75 right now. Anyone else can add me as well.
  • ddavis071010
    ddavis071010 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello there! Feel free to add me, looking to lose about 60 pounds. Joined a couple of weeks ago and have lost 4lbs so far, I could definitely use some motivation!
  • nowornever0430
    nowornever0430 Posts: 100 Member
    I need to loose about 90lbs. I could use some friends to help support each other! Please feel free to add me! :)
  • Angela2ndChance
    Angela2ndChance Posts: 10 Member
    Happy to have more motivation friends! My goal is 100 lbs. by next May. We can do this together!
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Add me if you like. My goal is a total 54 lb loss. I have made 7.5 so far.
  • mycoffeetherapy
    mycoffeetherapy Posts: 15 Member
    I have 200 pounds I want to lose.
  • huntergraymua
    huntergraymua Posts: 11 Member
    Please add me! I could use all the motivation I can get. I have about 55 to lose.
  • harryhole987
    harryhole987 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi all,
    I'm new to MFP and finally ready to take control of my weight. I would love to have some motivational friends who share similar weightloss goals, so we can keep each other accountable.
    I'm currently 100.7kgs (222lbs) with a goal weight of 79kgs (174lbs).
    If you log in every day or have over 50lbs to lose, please add me and let's do this together! :)

Add me.....love help
  • MsNika83
    MsNika83 Posts: 13 Member
    My goal is to lose 75-80 lbs. I have lost 6.4 in 3 weeks.
  • sophiangelle
    sophiangelle Posts: 9 Member
    Hey! Add me! I'm new here but really excited to get started on my weight loss journey.
  • chubby624
    chubby624 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi you can add me. Have bout 60 lbs to lose snd trying to walk while lugging a 6-7lb o ygen tsnk around on back. Lots of fi. Lol
  • qrissi1
    qrissi1 Posts: 3 Member
    Add me it is my first week and I want to do well for many weeks to come. Could use the support.
  • MatthewG1973
    MatthewG1973 Posts: 69 Member
    Please add me. I have a lot to lose yet.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    I have at least 80 lbs to lose...feel free to add me! :)
  • emilywilson919
    emilywilson919 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi All! I'm not new on here, but re-committing! I need motivation as well and I would love to join you in losing weight!! Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    I have 80+ I'm looking to drop. Love seeing other peoples updates and progress. Feel free to add.
  • jollyjeepers
    jollyjeepers Posts: 14 Member
    I try not to focus on a certain amount to lose as anything is good. I find that putting a number for me does more harm than good. I weight 313 and am 5'6". Needless to say I have a lot that I need to lose. If I can get in the habit of checking in here, I think the motivation from everyone will be a huge help. I'm happy to motivate you!
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    Hello, I am a 50-something working mom/grammie living in Las Vegas. I did a 2 week sugar detox starting July 1st and am down 12 lbs. 71 to go. I am 4 days into Leslie Sansone walking videos and can only handle 20 minutes worth now, but I hope to get all the way through the video eventually! I am trying to stay under 1450 cals a day and REALLY watching my sugar, salt and bread. The sugar detox landed me 9.5 lbs down in the first week, and 2.5 in the next 2 weeks, so I'm pretty sure I was retaining water but I'll take what I can. I am really committed to being an active grandma so I'm ready for a life change!