Question about activity level!!!

Options
Hi,
My activity level changes throughout the year, as I never really have a set exercise plan. Baseball and all my other sports are over, but I get about 30 minutes of walking in for every day and lift weights with a good amount of effort 6 days a week. Need help determining my activity level.

Thanks!

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Activity level refers to your 'lifestyle"...like if you work a desk job, you'd probably pick sedentary, if you're a mail carrier who walks, you'd pick active....
    (exercise can be entered separately)
  • akaythelion
    akaythelion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well that's the thing, i'm usually up and about most of the day apart from the exercises (forgot to mention, sorry)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sedentary, 40 hr desk job and long commute with little walking, outside exercise you are a bump on a log evenings and weekends.

Sounds like your non-exercise activity level is Lightly Active.

Good job wanting to start out right.

As to exercise through the year, who cares, you log it when done and eat back those calories.
    Deficit is still in place.

Or are you referring to the TDEE levels where exercise is already included?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1018770-better-rough-tdee-estimate-than-5-level-chart
  • akaythelion
    Options
    Okay, thank you both!
  • akaythelion
    Options
    You answered my question, thank you.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't seem right later you can switch it.

If you stick close to the diet for a few weeks your average rate of weight loss/gain should be pretty close to the predicted number from your deficit/surplus. If it's not maybe you picked the wrong activity level.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    With MFP, it's just your day to day hum drum...you add exercise and eat those calories back. Otherwise, use a TDEE calculator and customize your calorie goal and don't eat exercise calories back. Adjust as necessary.