Help!

What do you do when you feel like giving up? Ive lost 2 and a halg stone and now my weightloss has stopped completely

Replies

• mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    The only thing you can do is hang in there keep doing what you know is right. Sometimes we have to be more stubborn than the weight we are trying to lose
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Plateaus are your body telling you that you are doing the right thing and it has adjusted to your changes. Do not give up. Make a different adjustment than you have before. Fast for 12 hours then eat a big meal. Then go back to your normal regimen. Do something to shake it up. That does not include quitting!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Change up your exercise, change up your food ,
    Do something different that makes you're body go what the h3// is this?!?!
  • kindredstorm
    kindredstorm Posts: 4 Member
    When Ive felt like giving up in the past I have. Sadly. And trust me when I say looking back, you regret quitting. Thinking of where I could be if I had just stuck it out, knowing I'd have half the work now if I had stuck it out then..... What motivated you to start? Maybe that can keep you going!

My understanding is that the earlier replies are totally correct. Your body can get used to the same exercises, so I'd change it up. If you're jogging, try sprinting intervals. If you're using a treadmill at the gym try a step trainer or something. Doing aerobics? Try step aerobics. That kind of thing. Plateaus can mean that your body is just adjusting itself. It can mean that your health level has caught up to the level of exercise you're doing and it's time to step it up. It can mean nothing.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    @Abbeyj1993, have you gone into MFP and changed your calorie goal lately? We are prompted to do it every 10lbs lost.

As our weight drops we don't need as many calories. The less one weighs the fewer calories we need to support our bodily functions.

Also, the closer to goal you are the slower the weight loss. That is because there is less fat to burn and the difference between the calories we need to lose and the calories we need to maintain is smaller.

Check that you have the correct calorie deficit intake for your current weight and tighten up your logging. Weigh and measure everything.

Cheers, h.