Question for my fellow hard-gainers...

Options
I know that calorie intake is one of the problems that people with ectomorphic body types face; but what about exercising? What are some of the exercises that those of you that are successfully gaining and maintaining weight have in your repertoire?

Replies

• amzblitz
    amzblitz Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do 4 days a week with cardio every other day

U need to clean bulk and try to get some of the proven workout routines for bulking and u should see gains in no times
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ADWhitmore wrote: »
    I know that calorie intake is one of the problems that people with ectomorphic body types face; but what about exercising? What are some of the exercises that those of you that are successfully gaining and maintaining weight have in your repertoire?

First, ecotomorphs are not a thing.

Second, if you want to gain weight, you just need to have your intake adequate enough to gain. If you struggle to get enough calories, I would suggest concentrating on higher calorie foods, like the ones in this list. You don't have to eat "clean" or anything as, the size of our surplus and training will dictate fat gains (men can roughly get a 50/50 (fat/muscle) ratio).

Third, find a workout program that you enjoy, fits your schedule and suitable for your level of fitness. This list is fairly comprehensive. If you are new, a 3-day full-body routine will be ideal.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    amzblitz wrote: »
    I do 4 days a week with cardio every other day

U need to clean bulk and try to get some of the proven workout routines for bulking and u should see gains in no times

no, you don't need to clean bulk that is a bunch of woo woo ...