Working out question

Options
Just getting feedback from members on whether you prefer lifting weights along with some cardio while counting calories, or do you recommend one over the other? I am about 140 lbs away till my goal and am a big guy. I was thinking of lifting as soon as I get to the gym, and then finish with 15-20 mins of cardio.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I lift first because otherwise I don't have enough energy after.
    I go lift first and then take a little break( like five mins) in the locker room. Then I would go do my cardio.
    Anytime I've had to do my cardio first, I'm just tired and sweaty and don't feel like I'm giving 100% when it's time to lift.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Just getting feedback from members on whether you prefer lifting weights along with some cardio while counting calories, or do you recommend one over the other? I am about 140 lbs away till my goal and am a big guy. I was thinking of lifting as soon as I get to the gym, and then finish with 15-20 mins of cardio.

This is perfectly fine.

You should perform any activity which you enjoy and will continue to do regularly.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I personally split them totally.

I want a full tank for either. No point going in all half cocked.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I lift first then do anywhere from 15-30 minutes of cardio after. Which in my case is usually dancing around to my Playlist (I work out at home)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan!