How come my weight loss seems so fragile?!

Options
I'm having a bit of an off-day today, so apologies!

I've been sticking really well to my calorie goals (1550 a day), but for the last 3 weeks, I've hardly lost an weight at all! Coupled with that is the fact that over the weekend, I seem to have put on a couple of pounds, bringing back to where I was 3 weeks ago!

I'm unfortunately one of these silly people who need to see results to keep motivated, but at the moment, I just feel I'm doing all this for not much result-wise.

Lastly, and I know this is a big factor, I can't get to a gym or go out running because I'm home alone with my 2 young children. Saying that, they count as a workout all on their own!

Could anyone please share any words of wisdom or give me a nice pep talk?!

Many, many thanks!

Replies

• deannasw
    deannasw Posts: 47
    Options
    I understand completely about the motivation coming from the results! I have been stuck at the 15-17 pounds lost for a month now. Hang in there. I too am unable to get out since I work from home AND have both my kids with me for summer break. I take them on long walks (where I wear long sleeves and long pant so that I sweat more). Also, try renting a few workout dvds. Mix it up, dance ones, martial arts, yoga, etc..... If you have stairs in your place, go up and down them a bunch of times. If your kids are old enough, create a game of who can do the best jumping jacks, or have a pretend running race, where you run in place each day with them. Good luck. The weight will come off eventually. At least that is what I keep telling myself. :D
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Don't worry we all have 'off' days. My weight has been fluctuating for the last two months. I'm losing extremely slowly and I went off the wagon for the last 3 weeks because summer is here and it's BBQ season, so I'm finding it extremely difficult to discipline myself with what I eat.

But I suppose it's healthier in the long run to lose slowly than rapidly. I guess it's a little bit easier to maintain?

So just keep at it! If you're at home alone and can't get to a gym, why not try out some DVD workouts or youtube videos?

I mostly can't get to a gym so I work out often at home. My favourite website I use is www.bodyrock.tv for workouts.
    Interval cardio and strength training for 12-20 mins long. :)

Good luck and keep on going! :smile:
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    oo, thanks for that! I'll have a look at the workout website!

As for BBQs, I've found that you can pack in a good few burgers and yummy things as long as you don't have buns with them!

I guess I'd far rather see the fat fall off without lifting a finger, but hey, if it were that easy, everyone would be healthy!

I'm also a teensy bit concerned about what happens when I reach my goal weight range... I mean, if I can put a kilo back on so easily, how on earth am I going to maintain my new-found weight?! Anyhow... that's in the future. Let's get to the goal weight range first!

Good luck to you all!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yet? Some will put on pounds but lose inches. I for one have to measure. I try to do it every 2 weeks and I weigh everyday just to see what foods will show the most pounds. When you measure it helps alot because you have that wow moment. "Wow, I've gained 3 pounds but lost some mass. I must be building lean muscle." Muscle burns Fat! :flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I feel your pain, as I know all too well about weight plateaus and stalling out! It is much easier to stay focuses when you are seeing results; otherwise you get into the thought process of "why am I even trying when nothing is happening". All I can say is that "something" will happen if you don't keep trying - weight definitely will add back on!!!! Try shaking up your calorie intake, by even increasing your caloric intake for a few days, then lowering it for one, then back to where you started, just keep it bouncing around within a healthy range (I used my absolute lowest caloric intake of 1200 with my recommended maintenance level for wherever I Was, and bounced around inbetween the 2 for several weeks). This successfully worked for me when I plateaued.