Anyone lost weight eating lean cuisine,Smart ones etc daily?

Options
Either eating them for lunch or dinner or both!!! Thanks!!

Replies

• mommy2313
    mommy2313 Posts: 9
    Options
    No one??
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Don't know about weight loss but I eat them a lot just for convenience at work. Most of the ones I get are 250 calories so it does help with keeping lunch calories to a minimum.
  • tinamarie014069
    Options
    I eat them regularly because of the convience. I've lost 47 pounds so I must be doing something right. :) That's not the only thing I eat but I probably eat them 4-5 days of the week.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Just watch the sodium levels....
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Just watch the sodium levels....
    too much salt
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I tend to do them a lot as well--mostly for convenience. Not crazy about the sodium levels so try to keep it at one a day
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Ehh. I keep a couple in the freezer at work for when I'm broke and short on time, other than that, it's not something I would want to incorporate into my daily diet. Lots of sodium & preservatives.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT. Way too processed. Blech.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Don't those things have a ton of salt?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Salt doesn't make you fat. Unless you have an issue with sodium, why worry about it?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The people who ate them while in a calorie deficit lost weight; while the people who ate them in a calorie surplus gained weight.
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOT. Way too processed. Blech.

I agree! I try to keep processed food to a minimum.
  • mommy2313
    mommy2313 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm thinking they'd be awesome with helping me get my portions under control! But mostly I LOVE the connivence! Im a full time working mom of 3 so I don't have much time to cook
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The people who ate them while in a calorie deficit lost weight; while the people who ate them in a calorie surplus gained weight.

^ This.

Eat them if you want, but they aren't going to make you lose weight. Eating at a deficit will.

I eat them from time to time because they're so easy to stick in the freezer at work or for when I'm feeling super lazy.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking they'd be awesome with helping me get my portions under control! But mostly I LOVE the connivence! Im a full time working mom of 3 so I don't have much time to cook

Cooking meals doesn't have to take a long time. Do you have a crockpot?
  • musicteacher40
    musicteacher40 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As a teacher I do good to get about 30 minutes to eat, potty, etc...so I will generally eat one of these for my lunches...
  • Angdie
    Angdie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! They do work- I was on them faithfully while on Weight Watchers and I hit my goal... they are great for portion control and there are some really good ones out there!
  • ambernicoleperez
    ambernicoleperez Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat them quite frequently and have lost 21 pounds in 6 weeks. Might not be the healthiest option but at the beginning especially I think you should do what works and keep it simple! Do what you know you can stick to. If that's what you know you can stick to, then it's better than what you WERE eating. That's how I feel! When you feel like you have to spend countless hours a week prepping your entire weeks meals to be successful, it can be overwhelming.

I want to eventually prep all of my meals for the week on Sunday nights and eat more fresh foods but going from eating drive-through food for nearly every meal to being an organic meal prep Nazi just doesn't seem like a natural progression and I think I'd be setting myself up for failure.
  • Jetta1492
    Jetta1492 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    These meals are portion controlled. This will definitely help with weight loss. When I was in college, I lost about 50 lbs eating frozen meals. I think that they are useful for convenience. But now, I don't eat them unless I am really crunched for time. I try to cook whenever I can. I think that home cooked food taste much better. I have learned really good tricks for preparing food efficiently and don't really spend all that much time cooking, but the end result is so much better than frozen meals. For example, I might make pulled chicken in the crock pot on Sunday and then freeze individual servings for the week. Very quick and convenient!
  • SirenDebZ
    SirenDebZ Posts: 6
    Options
    I have lots of Lean Cuisine in Freezer. I don't like the taste. Kellog's bars are amazing and filling.