Fitbit or HRM?

Options
I got some money for my birthday and I want to get either a Fitbit or HRM. The problem is that I can't decide which. Please tell me which you have and why you do or don't like it.

Thank you!!

Replies

• Reevsie123
    Reevsie123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just got a fitbit flex and I must admit I have found it really good, I run it in conjunction with MFP and it works really well. It's early days so can't be certain but everything syncs really well. It's great getting a proper calorie count. MFP normally allows me 1600 cals per day today I played netball with the girls at work and as if like magic 375 calorie adjustment on my exercise log !
    The sleep monitor is really interesting
    For £79 I think it represents good value

Reevsie
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks Reevsie. I appreciate the feedback! The flex is the wristband one, right? Do you mind it being on your wrist?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I've had both. I lost my Fitbit. They serve different functions. The Fitbit monitors activity 24/7 and is especially good if you are not that active. You will feel encouraged to get in at least 10,000 steps every day. The website's bells and whistles are fun.

A heart rate monitor is helpful if you are doing vigorous cardio and you want to see how your heart is responding to exercise and how quickly it recovers when you pause or stop. If you do intervals, it's great.
  • Reevsie123
    Reevsie123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's not a lot different to all those rubber charity bands, you can get different colours although new they only come in black or slate, the biggest problem is people asking what it is
    Only had it a week it's waterproof and like everything you get used to it and I am guaranteed not to lose the damn thing