Finally starting to love myself!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I will say this, from a male perspective, and from a somewhat older experience: loving one's self is an inside job and has nothing to do with body weight. If you are finally starting to feel good about what you're seeing in the mirror, that is body image, and I know that feels amazing. I just got into a pair of pants I haven't worn in almost ten years. So I know.

But "loving myself" has never been about my body size. It's always been about accepting myself unconditionally, wherever I'm at. Here's a favorite quote of mine:

"Sexy is not a size. Every calorie is not a war. Your body is not a battleground. Your value is not measured in pounds. You are just as beautiful as every other woman."

I wish it said "person"...we guys need the same kind of love.

So anyway, that's just my take on this...

Good luck, all!
    60 is the new 40!

Beautiful Share!! <3
    My newest affirmation.. "loving myself" has never been about my body size. It's always been about accepting myself unconditionally, wherever I'm at.

"loving one's self is an inside job and has nothing to do with body weight."
    @vikinglander
    So glad you stopped for a moment and posted.. very powerful to read, thank you for sharing it with all of us.

OP :) You've done a fabulous job working toward a healthier body and congrats on working on self love, you look happy in both photo just a different type of happy. You're beautiful in both <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!