Newbie just weighed myself yikes!

Options
Hi all, hope the plans are going well. I just weighed myself and came in 20lbs over where I thought I was, which was overweight already, YIKES! I'm hoping to find support and ways to keep myself motivated. I've always been overweight, have PCOS with insulin resistance, but I started SF last week to give myself a kick start. My ultimate goal is lose 70 pounds, it certainly seems far away at this point thought *L*

Replies

• stridersraven
    Options
    welcome! first step is always the hardest, but once you start to feel a difference, you will love it, it can be done, and the lovely people here will certainly help with motivation and support! good luck!
  • ajeshepherd
    Options
    Hi all. I am now a newbie to MFP. I am not happy with my weight gain and am excited to get started and get back to being healthy again.
  • chickadee2002uk
    Options
    Hi I'm new too, trying to lose some of the post wedding weight from last year! I'm really tall and I also suffer from PCOS, so i get hungry but need to avoid carbs etc :sad: We are trying to conceive at the moment, so I have been told to lost weight, I'm approx 48lbs too heavy according to my BMI, but i am very active (climbing munro's weekly and cycling most days), so I am wondering how much of my muscle mass is being taken into consideration there :huh: Anyway...i digress, so good luck to everyone else starting out! xxx
  • hopefullnyc
    Options
    I hear ya. I started a little oer 2 months ago and I thought that at most I was 25o/260 (turned out I was almost 290). It's going to sound cliche', but nothing tastes as good as being fit feels. I live in an apartment building and this week our elevator is out of service for maintenance (I live on the 3rd floor). 2 months ago I would have been panting by the time I got to my apartment door, but now I was able to walk up with heavy bags and I was breathing slightly deeper, but it wasn't too bad. Just stay the course and before you know it you'll hit your goal :)
  • MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement! It feels good to not be doing this alone. The hubby works away during the week and I sadly lack in the motivation department *L*

Chickadee - I know where you're coming from. We went through a year of fertility drugs a while ago now, but we've started talking IVF and that is the biggest motivation for dropping the extra weight for sure. Congrats on your first year of marriage and good luck to you both with the TTC it sounds like you're well on your way!!

Good luck to all you other newbies too!

My first Zumba class is tonight...I think my first mini goal will be to get through that without falling over *L*
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    To all my friends here..Let mejust say it can be done...If I can do it anyone can do it..July22 2010 will be a year that I have been on maintance..Its very hard but well worth it..I have lost a total o 137 pounds..I started my diet..no lifetsyle change on Aug 17 2008 and July 22 2010, I hot goal weight..Went from 278 to 150 pounds in eleven months five days..It can be dn..depending on how much detemination you put to it..I am between 6 and 9 pounds under goal weight now..I still weigh in on friday to show I am still doing what I need to to maintain...Oh yeah I forgot to tell ya'll I lost my weight while working in a popular restuarnt for thse of you who have heard of it...cracker barrel...So its been a struggle like I said, but oh so worht it..

Email me if you have any questions and I feel try my hardest to answer any questions you have.. Have an awesome day and keep your heads up, we are all in this together!!
  • MissMaz
    Options
    Familygirl that's amazing, especially working where you do! We've been in England for 6 years now and my hubby so misses the breakfast there....he always got the one that took up the whole table *L* Thank you for setting such a brilliant example!!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hi! I can certainly relate to your topic; I have gained an easy 10 lbs in the last 2 months, without realising it, so I had a little surprise too when I went to weigh myself for this program (I am on day 2.) And, I need to lose about 50-60 lbs myself. I think it helps to break your goals down into smaller portions; like, set your first goal for 5 lbs or 10 lbs. Try not to worry about the weight that remains after, you will deal with it. One day at a time...one pund at a time. Sometimes the big picture can be too overwhelming. So, you hang in there, and welcome!
  • MissMaz
    Options
    Thank you! I do tend to concentrate too much on the end goal so I'll definitely try to set the mini goals. I think it's one (of the many *L*) pitfalls I've been setting up for myself.

Cheers :)
  • pinkwizz
    pinkwizz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So inspirational, its good to know your not aone most of the time Im also PCOS and love my carbs!! Its the cakes! x
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I also need to lost 70 pounds. I hope that this site helps you to reach your goals. So far is has really helped and motivated me. :)
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Lost weight while you were working at Cracker Barrel. Amazing!~
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope the plans are going well. I just weighed myself and came in 20lbs over where I thought I was, which was overweight already, YIKES! I'm hoping to find support and ways to keep myself motivated. I've always been overweight, have PCOS with insulin resistance, but I started SF last week to give myself a kick start. My ultimate goal is lose 70 pounds, it certainly seems far away at this point thought *L*

Hi! I too had a shock just before I joined MFP, I was sort of in denial and kept thinking I weighed a certain weight so I didn't jump on the scales - shame really, because if I had done, I might had started my weight loss plan earlier :laugh:

Still, no matter, we are here now so positivity is the key , welcome to MFP! :drinker: