Woolworths Rotisserie chicken - good or bad?

Hey guys! so I've done a lot of research over the Internet of Woolworths rotisserie chickens but couldn't really find what I was looking for so thought I'd ask everyone's opinion.
Woolworths rotisserie chickens, good or bad for you? I eat them almost everyday but always feel so guilty afterwards. They tend to leave oil around my mouth.. What do you guys think?

Replies

• BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    I say fine. Just discard the skin and weigh it out to fit it within your goals. Also remember those birds are heavily brined so there is going to be a lot of salt in them. I buy rotisserie chickens all the time and shred them up eat some, use left overs for burritos chili salads.
  • daweasel
    daweasel Posts: 68 Member
    I used to work in the deli at a Coles supermarket and the chickens we used were not brined at all, they were stuffed and we would sprinkle some seasoning mix on top (just spices and salt, and not much of it, really just a sprinkle from a shaker). As far as I know (assuming they're the same) it is just as though you'd roasted a stuffed chicken yourself. I eat the Coles ones regularly but just don't eat the skin. Conveniently, I love chicken breast and my husband loves the rest.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    I worked at Kroger and those were brined let's split the difference and say they COULD be full of brine.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2016
    I think woolies roast chickens are the same as any other roast chickens. Just make sure and choose the correct entry in the data base.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,996 Member
    Roasted chicken is one of my primary sources of protein. I usually roast my own chicken but when I'm lazy I'll just buy roasted chicken at Costco or the supermarket. I break down birds, freeze the parts and use the bones and leftovers to make chicken broth. Only remove the skin from the breasts.